Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 The good, the bad & the ugly. >

The good, the bad & the ugly.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

The good, the bad & the ugly.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:29 AM
Banned

Default RE: The good, the bad & the ugly.

ECO-RACER says; "we?who is we cornelius?we nothing."

You are right. We nothing as far as you are concerned, because YOU werent included in WE. lmao. I was speaking of hunters. Not trillium hugging econuts.

"you are having the "deer wars" along with a handfull of other people."

Wow, we handful mustve done a helluva job. No fee increase. An audit. Gotten national attention, Had a book written about our "war". Just think what we mightve done with 2 or 3 more guys! (what a dipchit! LMAO!) Course if you consider usp and their however many thousands, allegheny county sportsmens..whatever, who claim over 100,000 members who do not support pgc, and all of the many hundreds of thousands who like myself, belong to no organizations and oppose the failed plan...

Thats a fair "handful" their chief! Must have hands the size of several pro-football stadiums.(lmao)

"you don't speak for the state you speak for yourself."

I speak for myself but many agree. Im noones appointed speaker. It just so happens that the huge majority of our states sportsmen agree with my views and I with theirs of a failed deer program. Be in denial...or damage control more accurately.... all you like. It doesnt change the facts.

"personally what i think if you want more deer then we should stop hunting for a year or 2 and let the herd grow."

Then ask for it if thats your wish. Your perogative to do so. I on the other hand thing the fix is even much simpler. Reasonable responsible reductiion to the allocation. Oh, wait, we are talking the Pennsylvania Gameless Commission and that would make too much sense. Something of which they have very little currently.LMAO.

"not enough big bucks?and don't tell me they aren't in pa.my buddy shot one last year that scored 140 something."

Not "enough" big bucks and none are not the same. Your "buddies" buck shows that its not true that there are none. (and I havent seen anyone claim otherwise) but there are very few and fewer by the year thanks to asnine irrational reduction continuing. Those are the facts.

"Or somethingnot to mention the 12 pts and others that were in the paper around here the last few years."

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! LMAO!

There have been many fewer in the local papers here, and even the outdoor writers in them have made comments about being so many fewer pics recieved.

"and rememeber those who brag lag."

Ha ha ha. My my that was clever. How the hell old are you 8? lmfao.

BTW, I found a pic of your buddy and his buck:

Unfortunately there hasnt been many seen like it since. LMAO.[/b]
Old 06-27-2009, 06:33 AM
Banned

"And I know a family from Little Marsh that's been killing bucks like that in the Tioga State Forest for the last 30 years. What's your point?"

I have taken and know several others who have taken bucks of that caliber as well. Unfortunately the huge majority taken in and around THIS wmu have been prior to hr. Ripping a herd in half tends to have a dampering effect on numbers of bucks including good bucks.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:05 AM
Spike

lol corneball you sure don't like it when someone doesn't agree with you.personally i just like getting you fired up.what you have to say means very little.WE hunt.you bawl and pout along with your hundreds of thousands of people.LOL seriously hundreds of thousands of people?LOL.the current management plan needs changed but its not going to happen overnight like you want it to.end of story.if all of the sudden they tried changing the plan and allocated less tags how do you think the people who don't get one will feel?do you think they'd be happy then?it'll take years to fix unless we stop hunting for a year or 2 and nobody hunts them.but then people would just start poaching them.for now hunting-wise you've gotta hunt whats there.and the deer are there (bucks included,and bigger bucks then you seem to think).your talking politics not hunting here.you have little to no actual real life experience facts.just what you've read or found on the internet.and yeah maybe what i think doesn't agree with you BUT i tell it like i see it not what i've read.so therefore my opinion is not wrong.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:10 AM
Spike

point is a good many of those years were probably little scrub bucks before antler restrictions.could be wrong but my point was there are big bucks still around.maybe not in your area but here there are.and how can someone say that the whole state doesn't have big bucks and blah blah blah when some places do?alot of places do you just don't see them because they don't move during the day unless you drive them or they're pushed somehow.
ORIGINAL: ManySpurs

and don't tell me they aren't in pa.my buddy shot one last year that scored 140 something.not to mention the 12 pts and others that were in the paper around here the last few years.
And I know a family from Little Marsh that's been killing bucks like that in the Tioga State Forest for the last 30 years. What's your point?
Old 06-27-2009, 08:15 AM
Spike

not really sure about where you hunt but i did some scouting/went for a walk on a local sgl the other day and they have some fields they plowed and are growing some sort of food plot that the deer love.lol i saw 4 nice size deer in it eating and its not very big.there's other little fields and stuff too there.we own land and don't hunt the sgl much but just saying they are doing some work that seems to be paying off.
ORIGINAL: Windwalker7

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

I was reading the Game news yesterday and saw a story about a small Wild turkey federation club that donated an automated turkey decor to help the PGC bust road hunters. Thats good.

Then the rest of the story goes on to say that cash, a chainsaw, sprayers and pruners have also been donated by this small club. Local hunters making their hunting better, what a concept.

Then I read about what the whiners here who spend their days bitching and complaining that the deer are, the deer are gone. Maybe if you put the mouse down and get outside maybe you too can make your own hunting a little bit better.[:-]

My hats off to those of you making things better for your selves and others.

So what was your point in starting this thread?

I took it that you wanted us to go out and improve habitat and quit complaining.

I was just letting you know that it was illegal to do so on SGL.

Now you want to switch gears and tell us to buy our own property.

Sounds to me, that you don't have faith in the PGC making much improvement on those SGL.

Why would a hunter need to buy ground if the hunting were so great on SGL?
Old 06-27-2009, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

point is a good many of those years were probably little scrub bucks before antler restrictions.could be wrong but my point was there are big bucks still around.maybe not in your area but here there are.and how can someone say that the whole state doesn't have big bucks and blah blah blah when some places do?alot of places do you just don't see them because they don't move during the day unless you drive them or they're pushed somehow.
That's not a point and there's no PROBABLY about it. It's speculation. There's been big bucks being harvested in this area for a very long time by those folks not willing to settle on the first spike that came along. And there still is. Plain and simple fact.[&:]
Old 06-27-2009, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

I was just letting you know that it was illegal to do so on SGL.
I have to wonder if he knows what kind of hoops one must jump through to create food plots and habitat enhancements in a State Forest. Hell, justgaining the AOK to fertilizeremote apple trees is full of red tape.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Banned

"lol corneball you sure don't like it when someone doesn't agree with you."

Nope. Not at all. Dont mind anyone disagreeing. Only reason I wasnt "polite" is because you intentionally came off as a total arsehole. So thats how you got treated. If you act like you have sense and act respectful, you get the same in return, if you dont, with me you reap what you sow. Dont make me one bit 'o difference. Ive dealt with complete jackasses before and Im sure I will again in the future.

"personally i just like getting you fired up."

Im no more "fired up" than you are. But I do find if extremely funny the way that I get the best of you in your attempts at "exchanges" and you make comments like you just did to somehow distract attention from that fact. LMAO.

"what you have to say means very little."

Means enough for you to reply and whine like a 6 year old girl about my posts evidently. lmao.

"WE hunt."

Ok, you big bad hunter you! lmfao...

"the current management plan needs changed but its not going to happen overnight like you want it to."

Its not going to willingly on pgcs part period. Course you dont follow the plan and clearly know extremely little about it, or the real goals behind it etc. Could probably sum up your entire knowledge of the program as the very basic 3 or 4 company line statements made by pgc over and over for the last several years. And I dont feel like teaching school to you and writing a book for you to catch up. So either read through the archives or study up for the next 3 years straight, then when you have a clue what the hell you are talking about, c'mon back. Maybe you can then provide rational opposition.

And nearly a decade now is hardly "over night" lmao! Since YOU have no say in the matter, I dont know why you would bother telling ME what any "terms" are gonna be! lol.

"if all of the sudden they tried changing the plan and allocated less tags how do you think the people who don't get one will feel?"

Oh my god, so broken hearted. Please, lets not have reasonable numbers of deer....Someone may not get their 2 to 5 tags this season! lmao

"it'll take years to fix unless we stop hunting for a year or 2 and nobody hunts them."

It wouldnt take "years" with appropriate allocations. Dont know if you think that would somehow matter to me personally, I couldnt care less, wouldnt hurt me one bit satisfactionwise if we stopped doe hunting for the next friggin 3 decades if that ridiculous extreme was what it took to right the ship. I havent hunted doe in years anyway. Do YOU practice what YOU preach? I'll bet not. lol

."for now hunting-wise you've gotta hunt whats there.and the deer are there "

Gee ya think??

"(bucks included,and bigger bucks then you seem to think)."

Naaa. Sorry. Youre either blind or an idiot. The pgc data shows a steady decline in 2.5+ year old bucks since hr has continued in the last 4 or 5 years. Thats if you believe the data and dont even believe it worse than it is. Course it doesnt take more than a gomer pyle intellect to understand when you hack the herd in half your not gonna have more deer, youre not gonna have more buck and that includes big buck. Are there some areas, particularly the worst areas, and the areas that were the worst previously slightly more big bucks? Possibly. Unfortunately many of the others have seen a steep decline thanks to excessive unnecessary hr.

"your talking politics not hunting here."

Because thats whats involved. And since you clearly are not up to snuff and educated on the dirty politics involved, its no wonder you speak the nonsense that you do.

"you have little to no actual real life experience facts."

Probably about 10X more than you. I just dont have much reason to share them with a total dipchit for no apparent reason. To use only my personal experience as ammo against the deer plan would not only show me to be extremely selfish, it would also be completely meaningless in the big picture.

"just what you've read or found on the internet.and yeah maybe what i think doesn't agree with you BUT i tell it like i see it not what i've read.so therefore my opinion is not wrong. "

PGc and most of their supporters want facts and data to "argue" they couldnt give a rats arse about what I see or dont see personally. That accounts for such a tiny piece of the puzzle its meaningless from a management standpoint. But if it makes you feel better, What i "see" is fewer deer for no good reason. Less buck. And less big buck. And EVERYONE in this area has similar observations and agrees with me 100%. There, you happy now? lmao.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow another rant of corny telling people to study and when they can come backLOL

Good thing your here BigcornmanLOL
I guess it was on topic atleast the bad and the ugly partLOL
Old 06-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Banned

Fo-o-or- orest.

Quick Reply: The good, the bad & the ugly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.