Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 The good, the bad & the ugly. >

The good, the bad & the ugly.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

The good, the bad & the ugly.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default The good, the bad & the ugly.

I was reading the Game news yesterday and saw a story about a small Wild turkey federation club that donated an automated turkey decor to help the PGC bust road hunters. Thats good.

Then the rest of the story goes on to say that cash, a chainsaw, sprayers and pruners have also been donated by this small club. Local hunters making their hunting better, what a concept.

Then I read about what the whiners here who spend their days bitching and complaining that the deer are, the deer are gone. Maybe if you put the mouse down and get outside maybe you too can make your own hunting a little bit better.[:-]

My hats off to those of you making things better foryour selves and others.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The good, the bad & the ugly.

That would suggest WORKhysical effort,to perform labor, a duty or task,taking part of a day devoted to accomplishing a goal. [/align][/align]Such a dirty four letter word.[/align]
Old 06-26-2009, 05:57 AM
Banned

Sorry, but "work" or no work, its not a replacement for proper responsible deer management wmu or statewide, which we pay pgc for.

We can all work the land till our backs are broke and that will not change the facts of the matter.

Unless of course you are suggesting we all get sprayers, hoes, shovels etc, down to Elmerton Avenue and chase out the *&$%$%^ econuts the hell outta our management agency?

Btw, thanks for the info on the article. Kinda made me feel bad for not having given anything to pgc lately. But what they really need is to be given a briefcase full of pink slips from the governor!
Old 06-26-2009, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

Sorry, but "work" or no work, its not a replacement for proper responsible deer management wmu or statewide, which we pay pgc for.

We can all work the land till our backs are broke and that will not change the facts of the matter.

Unless of course you are suggesting we all get sprayers, hoes, shovels etc, down to Elmerton Avenue and chase out the *&$%$%^ econuts the hell outta our management agency?

Btw, thanks for the info on the article. Kinda made me feel bad for not having given anything to pgc lately. But what they really need is to be given a briefcase full of pink slips from the governor!
And the ugly.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:53 AM
Fork Horn

What's ugly?

Cornelius attitude or the fact that the game commission has been deficient in there duties? He is correct. This isn't a replacement for proper responsible deer management.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

The ugly is the attitude.
Bitter ,vile and nasty is not productive. Debate is based on knowledge, direction and common goal. Personal attacks and public crucification of people with opposing opinions gets nothing done.
I don,t agree with the herd reduction so on my land we don't shoot does. I don't see over abundance cucumber roots as the reason formy failure to flock shoot deer running through the woods.
The people atPGC don't scare me. I don'tsee black helicopters dropping coyotes in my woods. If I've said it once I've said it a hundred times the PGC is not shooting all of the doe, its "hunters" and thats who you should be shouting at.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

You have the ugly attitude for blaming the hunters for doing what the PGC experts ask them to do. You claim what we have is professional deer management , but you suggest hunters should reject that deer management and manage the herd based on what they want. Make up your mind.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

You have the ugly attitude for blaming the hunters for doing what the PGC experts ask them to do. You claim what we have is professional deer management , but you suggest hunters should reject that deer management and manage the herd based on what they want. Make up your mind.
I am not naive enough to believe that the PGC's management goals are set up to make me happy, I wish were also.

I'm also intelligent enough understand that I have a far greater knowledge of the land I hunt than a small group of political appointees in the other end of the state. They have guidelines within a spectrum of statewide diversity, within those guidelines they set goals to achieve results that are acceptable to the majority of the states residents.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:07 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

If I've said it once I've said it a hundred times the PGC is not shooting all of the doe, its "hunters" and thats who you should be shouting at.
Nope. The PGC is the one making the decisions and calling the shots. The hunters are nothing more than a tool for PGC to achieve their goals. The blame belongs on the PGC.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Maverick 1

What's ugly?

Cornelius attitude or the fact that the game commission has been deficient in there duties? He is correct. This isn't a replacement for proper responsible deer management.
Deficient in what duties?Providing Maverick a bunch of easy targets?

Quick Reply: The good, the bad & the ugly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.