Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Sunday Bowhunting in PA? >

Sunday Bowhunting in PA?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sunday Bowhunting in PA?

Old 07-05-2009, 06:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Sunday Bowhunting in PA?

ORIGINAL: pats102862

ORIGINAL: rem700man

ORIGINAL: shump

ok steve bad news i killed more game with a bow then you ever will.I was PSAA champ for 3 years and on the PSAA team champ for 2 years.Till i lost my right eye and the use of my left arm i shot bow every day.I have never stuck a deer a lost it'how many did you' at 80 yards i can put 5 out of 5 in a pie plate can you do it at 40 yards?Come to pa and shoot we shoot from 7 yards to 80 yards
Being a PSAA champ like you say you are,,,i would think you would know better than to promote 60-70 yd shots with a bow at live game! I KNOW that those shots can be made and are made on a regular basis,,,done by guys that have great abilities and circumstances,,,,but i would not promote the average hunter to take those kinda shots
It's no different than promoting 600-700 yardshots with a rifle at deer sized animals.

Pats:
Im not quite sure of what reference your speaking of but,,,,yes im involved with that sort of activity too,,,I do not promote it to the average hunter in any way,,,actually i would barely feel comfortable about discussing such a topic on this message board because theres just too many guys with too many opinions to even have a rational long range hunting discussion
Old 07-05-2009, 06:43 AM
Typical Buck

Yes more deer are unrecovered in archery because nearly all deerneed to be blood trailed unlike when using a high powered rifle
Do you have any kind of facts to support that statement? Some kind of a survey or something? I highly doubt that 250,000+- bowhunters can leave more unrecovered deer laying in the woods than 900,000+- firearms hunters. Winter and springshed hunting forays tell me that.[:-]
Old 07-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ManySpurs

Yes more deer are unrecovered in archery because nearly all deerneed to be blood trailed unlike when using a high powered rifle
Do you have any kind of facts to support that statement? Some kind of a survey or something? I highly doubt that 250,000+- bowhunters can leave more unrecovered deer laying in the woods than 900,000+- firearms hunters. Winter and springshed hunting forays tell me that.[:-]
Let me rephrase that.... I should have said there is a more likely chance that if all variables being equal other than weapon chosen it is more difficult to recover game taken with a bow than a rifle. I believe having more hunters will undoubtedly increase the number of deer recovered as well as increasing the number of thoseunrecovered but not by the same overall percentage when comparing rifles to archery or inline to flintlock. I agree with what you are saying. I am simply stating it takes a bit moretime and dedication when it comes to successfully recovering deer with a bow compared to deer with a gun. Hence my suggestion of mandating a bow hunter ed course for those who can't produce a pre-xbow hunting license, or for all archery hunters for that matter.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would absolutely support proficiency requirement !
Old 07-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry[:@]
Old 07-05-2009, 12:44 PM
Typical Buck

I would absolutely support proficiency requirement !
That would absolutely be the best thing that ever happened to the hunter and the hunted.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: pats102862

ORIGINAL: shump

ok steve bad news i killed more game with a bow then you ever will.I was PSAA champ for 3 years and on the PSAA team champ for 2 years.Till i lost my right eye and the use of my left arm i shot bow every day.I have never stuck a deer a lost it'how many did you' at 80 yards i can put 5 out of 5 in a pie plate can you do it at 40 yards?Come to pa and shoot we shoot from 7 yards to 80 yards
Being a PSAA champ like you say you are,,,i would think you would know better than to promote 60-70 yd shots with a bow at live game! I KNOW that those shots can be made and are made on a regular basis,,,done by guys that have great abilities and circumstances,,,,but i would not promote the average hunter to take those kinda shots
It's no different than promoting 600-700 yardshots with a rifle at deer sized animals.

Pats:
Im not quite sure of what reference your speaking of but,,,,yes im involved with that sort of activity too,,,I do not promote it to the average hunter in any way,,,actually i would barely feel comfortable about discussing such a topic on this message board because theres just too many guys with too many opinions to even have a rational long range hunting discussion
Taking a 80 yard shot at deer sized animalsis the same as taking a 600 yard shot at one with a rifle IMO. The level of difficulty is very high on both. You or I would notpromote that rifleshot to the avarage hunter, and I agree with you that the PSAA champ should not promote60 to 80 yardbow shots as the norm.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is the problem the ability of an archer to hit a target as in a proficiency test or is it poor judgement when determining what shot to take? BTW, I don't know the answer , but i thought it was an interesting question.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

First off the person that said religious groups/farmers and such don't want Sunday hunting . GOOD FOR THEM don't HUNT on Sunday.
1 why should a religious group be able to say if I can hunt on sunday. Can i say they cannot go to church on sunday
2 i know about 40 farmers not one of them have a problem with sunday hunting. THose that do simple dont allow hunting on there farm on sundays. Why can a farmer tell me what i can do on my private property

That is the problem with this country these days . IF it doesn't suit them then it should be illegal and that my friends is totally and utterly bull patties. And that's not just hunting it is the mindset of this country anymore
people get offended by radio or tv simple change the stinking dial wtf has this country turned into a bunch of baby's . Sorry bout the rant

BB in some cases it is the both or either one some are not proficient some have poor judgement and some cannot find their way back to there car let alone tr ac a blood trail.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

BB@: It's both and matters not, archery or firearm.

Quick Reply: Sunday Bowhunting in PA?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.