Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Sunday Bowhunting in PA? >

Sunday Bowhunting in PA?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sunday Bowhunting in PA?

Old 07-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sunday Bowhunting in PA?

BB in some cases it is the both or either one some are not proficient some have poor judgement and some cannot find their way back to there car let alone tr ac a blood trail.
On that we can agree.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

thou its sad people do not take the time to learn the skills needed

Old 07-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ManySpurs

I would absolutely support proficiency requirement !
That would absolutely be the best thing that ever happened to the hunter and the hunted.

Gun hunter too then.
5/5 shots in a 5" circle off hand at 100 yds - at a moving target.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm all for mandatory bowhunter ed for all new bowhunters including an accuracy test and blood trailing instruction.

Getting it to happen for existing bowhunters would be a good idea but unrealistic. The best way is to put it in for newly licensed bowhunters going forward.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I support bowhunter education.However,I can honestly say that based on my experience,bowhunter-ed and a proficiency test doesn't weed out the majority of poor decisions hunters make.Werequire both in the community where I live.We also require every hunter to attend an orientation where once again,we stress the importance of shot placement,what shots to take and what to do after the shot.I'm on a list of people that gets called to help recover wounded deer.Youwouldn't believe the number of people that immediately chase gut shot deer to the next county.The majority of the time I get called,it's already too late because the deer has been pushed way too hard and too far.Last year,Iwent after 5 gut shot deer that weren't pushed and we recoved all 5 the next morning.Three of them were still alive.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hunting is just like any thing in life, its a learning process. Unlike today when I started there were very few places to go for information. It is very frustrating today when people make mistakes that easily could be avoided with a little preparing.
There is no feeling like seeing that white belly hair after a long night time tracking job, thats what its all about.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I support bowhunter education.However,I can honestly say that based on my experience,bowhunter-ed and a proficiency test doesn't weed out the majority of poor decisions hunters make.
I agree completely. Too many hunters are more concerned about just hitting a deer rather than waiting for a sure kill.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

I'm all for mandatory bowhunter ed for all new bowhunters including an accuracy test and blood trailing instruction.

Getting it to happen for existing bowhunters would be a good idea but unrealistic. The best way is to put it in for newly licensed bowhunters going forward.
Btb:
Another self-centered,,greedy post,,,,with little thought put into what your writing. I bet half the guys your age cant pass a proficiency test 1st of all and 2nd of all how in the he!! with the current liscensing process in Pa. will you or anyone else for that mattter determine whether or not aapplicant for an archery liscense will be a 1st year applicant or a 50th year applicant? Cmon man!,,,we as hunters dont need more rules or tests,,,application deadlines,,etc,,,,According to you theres no real herd health problem so there should not really be any problem with a few deer slipping by with an arrow in their guts! I have seen a few posts prior suggesting that a good archer put 5 shots in a pie plate at 20yds and 40 yds( im n ot suggesting that you posted this and i actually dont believe that this is your thought process) but if i could'nt put 5 shots in the bullseye @ either yardage and struggle to get my fingers between em to pull em out i would surely hang it up!! Proficiency tests are all based on opinion as far as im concerned and i for one am never happy until the utmost accuracy is achieved,,,but then again theres guys on here that have shot at and killed more deer than i have with less expectations and they are just as good a hunter as i am if not better
Old 07-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: DougE

I support bowhunter education.However,I can honestly say that based on my experience,bowhunter-ed and a proficiency test doesn't weed out the majority of poor decisions hunters make.Werequire both in the community where I live.We also require every hunter to attend an orientation where once again,we stress the importance of shot placement,what shots to take and what to do after the shot.I'm on a list of people that gets called to help recover wounded deer.Youwouldn't believe the number of people that immediately chase gut shot deer to the next county.The majority of the time I get called,it's already too late because the deer has been pushed way too hard and too far.Last year,Iwent after 5 gut shot deer that weren't pushed and we recoved all 5 the next morning.Three of them were still alive.
Now heres a guy that lives and breathes realistically! Well said !
Old 07-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Is it just me or does it seem like those that make the dumbest of mistakes spend the most time talking about them?[:@]

Quick Reply: Sunday Bowhunting in PA?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.