Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Levdansky No Friend To The Hunters Of PA >

Levdansky No Friend To The Hunters Of PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Levdansky No Friend To The Hunters Of PA

Old 07-28-2009, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Screamin Steel
Is that the same as taking a flying leap...LMAO!!!!!!!!
Are you talking about this famous quote?

""I am becoming more and more convinced that wildlife management would be better off if we worked from the general fund and told hunters to take a flying leap with their money." R.S. Bodenhorn - PA Game Commission WCO of Elk County "

Last edited by Maverick 1; 07-28-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
Buckhunter, I agree about the politicians. You have those who actu'ally are "hunter oriented" pandering to the outdoorsmen of the state for votes. Then on the other hand you have the total econut cut-throats to hunters who also do the same... And ALL as you stated correctly i belive...looking to recieve and return favor of votes on other issues.

Those who support the deer slaughter for the econuts say they are simply supporting more hunter opportunity. Then when pushing for alternate funding to further cut off the hunter voice, they are "helping" us by granting funding so pgc can provide more services for US! lol.

Seems pgc has forgotten that they are supposed to be an "independant" agency? Guess they are willing to part with that independence in favor of cash. Mighty funny Kdavis and other pgc flunkies who preach over and over and over to anyone who will listen on hpa website not to go to legislators and to KEEP LEGISLATORS OUT AT ALL COSTS.... are the ones on their knees begging legislators to give them money. Money that an "independent" agency should have no part of. Money straight from the state coffers.

Whats funny due to us having so many hunters they already have as much or more funding currently than any other state in the nation including those with alternate funding, AND we have the gas on the gamelands....another funding source they didnt have previously... yet a license fee increase is on the horizon and alternate funding. Would be really a mess to see them get BOTH. lol. Maybe they could then afford sharpshooters to come in and shoot the deer with gold plated bullets?

All that money, and we will STILL be the state with deer wars, econuts running the show and the lowest hunter satisfaction in the entire nation.
Which begs the question- What will the soon to be best funded state wildlife agency in the country do with all that $? Once they have reached their goal of transforming our state lands into trillium gardens and birdwatching nature preserves with few deer.....what then?
Old 07-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Banned

If pgc is good at anything SS, its blowing our cash...

Just think with several more mil per year, they could build more bird watching pavillions like the huge one on the gamelands here in Greene county. They could hire more "wind power biologists" like the four they hired recently so that they and audubon could keep track of how many sparrows get clipped by the windmill propellers since audubon is so concerned due to the new wind energy craze (i guess the bazillion "biodiveristy" biologists they already had on staff were too busy and couldnt handle the extremely important project! LOL), or they could simply quadruple their already rediculously extensive efforts at brainwashing Pas residents in hopes that one day the majority will support the fraud that is the pa game commission deer program. Maybe buy an advertising spot during half-time of the superbowl. Maybe pay big bucks for Ben Roethlisberger to look into the camera and say kill a deer save a hobblebush.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 07-28-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who really cares about sparrows?
What wrong with this the birdwatchers that they need a pavillion?
Cant they sit outside ? Are they making pavillions for hunters? not
Old 07-29-2009, 01:03 PM
Banned

bowtruck, the particular "pavilion" i speak of was paid for by other groups, I cannot recall whom at the moment, but basically donated. But it IS sitting on OUR gamelands. They flooded a low lying area to make a wetland area and built it right next to it overlooking it.

But its too much to ask that they work on that gamelands to provide better deer habitat.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Must be there is more money in birdys