Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 HUNTERS FRIEND ONLINE STORE >

HUNTERS FRIEND ONLINE STORE

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HUNTERS FRIEND ONLINE STORE

Old 10-17-2007, 05:40 PM

Default HUNTERS FRIEND ONLINE STORE

I am getting back into bowhunting after a LONG layoff. I am looking at buying a TOMCAT by bowtech and it seems to get great reviews. I found a complete package including arrows, rest, quiver, release broadheads, etc etc etc for around $600 from HUNTERS FRIEND (an internet site) I was wondering if anyone had any exsperience with this company and what there opinion was
Old 10-17-2007, 05:51 PM

Default RE: HUNTERS FRIEND ONLINE STORE

Yeah buy local for two reasons
1. Your bowshop will take better care of you
2. Im still waiting on some BH's that I Ordered 6 months ago.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:12 PM

Are they a legitimate online store?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:14 PM

A no they took my money and wont give me my strikers.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunters Friend is a solid company. I know a couple of people who have ordered packages with no regrets whatsoever.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

I ordered my Wildfire package from them. It came within a week and a half. Was pretty close in sight. I would go to a local shop if I had it to do over. I ended up getting different assesorys because I didn't like what was on it. I could have gotten a much better bow for what I have in it now. They were good to deal with though.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

http://www.huntersfriend.com/testimonial.htm

3rd picture down on the left. Im Devin from Freedom. that is an honest email i sent to them.

would i do it again? absolutely. if i needed everything in the package and money was an issue. if 100 or so isnt an issue, you can goto a local shop.

IF your buying a bowtech online, you cannot have a bowtech dealer within 50miles of you unless they changed that rule.

alot of guys argue that if you buy from a shop you get better service, bow worked on free, etc...

somewhat true. my bowshops(been to numerous) all charge EVEN if you buy the bow THERE. treat me worse? HA money talks...you want my money you will NOT treat me poorly. they will help you setup and tune your bow initially...but, if you know your specs, hunters friend does that. i knew my draw legnth and what weight i wanted.

my bow came out of the box shooting great. if i was buying my first again and that 100$ or so i saved was important(like it was last summer) id do it again. great company to deal with IMO. had the bow within a week...(was summer not hunting season...sure theres a wait now...)
Old 11-12-2015, 11:47 AM
Spike

I ordered a bow from hunters friend.com and they did nothing but rip me off and expected me to send what they sent me back after a list things they did rong. I got nothing i wanted and i cant even trust them to try to get my money back. Do not trust them.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Years ago before the internet when I bought my second bow I ordered it by phone from a discount mail order place. I saved some money but the arrows I got weren't the right ones for my draw length and weight. In addition I needed quite a bit of work from a local pro shop to get it so it fit me right. I have bought several bows since then and have always done it locally at our pro shop. Cheap price isn't always less expensive in the end.