Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ANTLER SHEDS

Old 03-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Spike

Default RE: ANTLER SHEDS

By chance J Pike where did you happen to find most of your sheds? I went out this past weekend and walked around through a few corn fields and some bedding areas and was unsuccessful in finding any. I did check my trail camera and i do have pictures of bucks still sporting head gear. Im just curious where your target area is when shed hunting.

Dave
Old 03-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

BT I didnt put a tape to it, if it wasnt all chewed up I would have scored the entire antler but I just put it with the rest of them in the box we keep them in, in the house out there. Next time I go out I will put a tape to it and let you know.
Good Luck in IL!! And take pics! Pike
Old 03-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hawkeye because my shed hunting time is limited in OH. because I live 5 hours away ( 4 days so far this year) I try to search every inch of their bedding area's and also the trails leading into and out of them, but Im still no where close to covering them all. Come April I will cover the open hard woods etc. when I m scouting and hunting for turkeys. Pike.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

BT. you find any sheds this past weekend in IL.? Pike
Old 03-13-2009, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not a one! We burned up plenty of shoe leather working our way primarily through bedding areasand also checking trails and fence and creek crossings but not one shed. These are areas that have produced some nice sheds in the past and the deer and sign were there. We also didnt see any bucks still packing horns so I don't think it's a matter of em dropping late either. We did see some signs of tresspassers though[:@]. I'm baffled for any explanation other thanwe simply got scooped by the tresspassers[:'(].