Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ANTLER SHEDS

Old 02-24-2009, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ANTLER SHEDS

Thanks BT.!! we found 4 matched sets though, lol
Bluebird, When I heard Dr Alt speak during his 1st year of seminars and found out that our DD. goal was only 5 deer per square mile here in York Co. I knew that I would have to find a place outside his jurisdiction if I wanted to continue enjoying the type of hunting I was use to in the future. Pike
Old 02-24-2009, 09:39 AM
Spike

Congrats on the sheds. Im keeping my fingers crossed hoping this snow melts this weekend so I can hit the woods again and hopefully find a few. By chance J Pike where did you predominantly find those sheds. I mean like Thickets, corndields, or fence crossings?

Old 02-24-2009, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hawkeye, found them all in the thickets (bedding area's) which we have 100's of acre's of very nasty clear cuts / over grown fields full of Multa Flora Rose,Green Briar and Autumn Olive, didnt find any at the fence/creek crossings that I happend to come across and we do not have any corn fields in the area, but we do have 25 acres of BFO.'s, WW, and Rye planted but didnt find any in or around them either even though the deer are hitting them pretty good.
Because my shed hunting in OH. is limited to 4-6 days a year I pretty much hit the very thick bedding area's in Feb.-March and leave the more open hard woods, travel routes etc. for April when im out turkey hunting/scouting etc.
How much snow do you have on the ground? Pike
Old 02-24-2009, 03:46 PM
Spike

We had a good 3-5 inches over here but most of it melted off throughout the day. The weather is looking pretty good for this weekend so hopefully i'll find a few. I ve got a couple real nice bucks on camera the past several weeks that i'd love to get a hold of their sheds but we'll see what happens. Where are you located at in ohio?
Old 02-27-2009, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

Goin north next wkd, hoping the weather is as nice as now...looking for one set of sheds in particular and would be nice to hear a few early gobbles!
Old 02-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I read a field note in the PGNs where a farmer found two sheds the hard way . They wee stuck in his tractor tires and it cost $600 /tire to have them repaired.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never went out and specifically looked for sheds but I've never come accross one either.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

How could that be possible with all those buck being saved by ARs in 2g. With the great hunting you have in 2G the forest floor should be littered with sheds just like in Ohio. I don't look either ,but I found a few while hunting or working in the woods. Even with ARs not enough buck survive to make it worthwhile looking for sheds.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't any trouble finding them when they're still attached to their heads but I've yet to find a shed.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunt harder, scout more , move to a new area and walk more than 50 yds. from the parking lot and you'll find all those sheds left by all the bucks saved by ARs.

Quick Reply: ANTLER SHEDS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.