Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ANTLER SHEDS

Old 02-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Spike

Default ANTLER SHEDS

Im from South West PA, and im curious if anyone has been finding any deer sheds. I just checked a trail camera of mine and as of febuary 20th I ve got several bucks still carrying head gear.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ANTLER SHEDS

I was out a bit during the thaw a few eeks ago and couldn't scare up a shed just yet. I put out a couple of trailcams but must've gotten a bad batch of batteries because I had nothing on em when i swapped batteries and cards late last week. they should start dropping soon. Get out there at the next thaw before thetree rats chew em up

Just curious, are the bucks in your pics that are still packing horns young and small racked or do you have some older bucks still holding on to em?
Old 02-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Spike

I ve got a mix of both. Several are young bucks and there is one really nice eight that i ve been watching now for the past two years.Haven't been able to catch a glimpse of him though during hunting season. I am glad to see that he made it through another season.I do however have several pictures of some older bucks that have dropped one side.

By chance how in gods creation to you attach photos on these posts. I ve tried several different techniques and have been unsucessful. I ve tried using the umpload here link on the bottom left part of the window and tried using the add image button on the far right on the tool bar. Any insight?
Old 02-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

I was fortunate enough to find 3 sheds yesterday, 2 happened to be a matching set. I was out for 2 hours tending to my stands and looking along the way. Both deer were mature.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hawkeye are you getting a message that says the file is too large or are you getting posts with a red x on it where the pic should be? If it's comingup as too large, either change the actual size, (I find about 4x5" usually works OK) or change the resolution

I've also had better luck converting them to Jpeg files before trying to upload them.

If it says it uploded sucesfully and you getthe little red x you need to click on the box that says embed picture in post.

If that doesnt work, you need someone smarter than me to help you

Good luck!!
Bob
Old 02-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Spike

thanks i think i figured it out
Old 02-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Old 02-24-2009, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hawkeye a buddy and I found 22 sheds not to far from you in SE. OH last weekend but 3 of them were from previous years.
As far as posting pics, try www.imageshack.com, upload pic., enter your e-mail address then click on resize (640x480 website) and hit host. Pike
Old 02-24-2009, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is hard to imagine how many buck they must have if you could find that many sheds. must be some great hunting compared to PA.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: J Pike

Hawkeye a buddy and I found 22 sheds not to far from you in SE. OH last weekend but 3 of them were from previous years. Pike

Wow Jeff! You certainly had a great weekend!

I even see two matched sets! Thats like hitting two holes in one on the same day!!! Congrats!!

Quick Reply: ANTLER SHEDS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.