Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 What to do with the crossbows. >

What to do with the crossbows.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What to do with the crossbows.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Banned

Default RE: What to do with the crossbows.

Poll from this site. Page one of the thread below:

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE EXTENT OF HR IN PA---80% DO NOT.

Page 9 of the thread link below:

From OUTDOOR NEWS: DO YOU WANT TO SEE THE LAWSUIT AGAINST PGC DROPPED? 83% said NO!

From Pa outdoors: IS PGC DOING A GOOD JOB? 79.3% say NO!

From OUTDOOR TIMES: DO YOU WANT TO SEE PGC COMMISSIONER TERMS REDUCED? 69.1% say YES!!

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3259864

Sounds like to me RSB, you are full of scat....as usual.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Banned

Another survey, somewhat biased as its panel surveys that pgc picked... But still, not really supportive of them. Shows 34% think the plan good or excellent. 63% said FAIR or POOR.

Also interesting the fact that the people were surveyed over a period of years to see how satisfaction changed. Seems 41% more were less supportive of the deer plan than they were initially. So satisfaction actually DROPPED when compared to the begining of the deerless plan.

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/pgc/reports/2008_wildlife/21009-07Z.pdf
Old 02-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

hr is the major problem not the wepons
Old 02-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Banned

Those posts had nothing to do with crossbows. Just some off topic commentary with rsb.

If it will make you feel better, I'll comment.

Crossguns have no place in archery season by able bodied hunters. They are now thanks to the efforts of a very few who wished to take the advantage that was previously only given to handicapped. (they should feel very proud).[:'(]

They were pushed by manufacturers, who will be smiling like chess cats now.

They will add to harvest and thats about the last thing we need. More buck harvest. More doe harvest. More deer slaughtered by pgcs deer plan and more money in the form of tags. Voted for by the same anal commissioners that have been the key players in the deer fiascos, and that is no coincidence.

Disagree? You're entitled. But I see it how it is, and that aint gonna change.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Gentlemen, please use caution. Name calling is not tolerated. Debate is encouraged but personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please be forewarned and we appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Gentlemen, please use caution. Name calling is not tolerated. Debate is encouraged but personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please be forewarned and we appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
i know i should not have said POO when i should have said SCAT.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

Hunters’ overall satisfaction with hunting in Pennsylvania is quite positive: 79% were very
or somewhat satisfied with their hunting experiences in Pennsylvania over the past 2 years

In this survey, what percentage were very satisfied and what percentage were somewhat satisfied? The text above the numbers says percentage. The numbers for each species add up to more than 100. Am I missing something? How many responded to the survey? And no, I didn't read all 345 pages of the report.

How was their hunting experiencesatisfaction measured? Amount of game harvested? Game seen? Comraderie? Amount of land available to hunt? Other factors?
Old 02-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: the outsider

Hunters’ overall satisfaction with hunting in Pennsylvania is quite positive: 79% were very
or somewhat satisfied with their hunting experiences in Pennsylvania over the past 2 years

In this survey, what percentage were very satisfied and what percentage were somewhat satisfied? The text above the numbers says percentage. The numbers for each species add up to more than 100. Am I missing something? How many responded to the survey? And no, I didn't read all 345 pages of the report.

How was their hunting experiencesatisfaction measured? Amount of game harvested? Game seen? Comraderie? Amount of land available to hunt? Other factors?
The bottom line is that 79% said satisfied in one way or another. the measurement was obviously by the hunters themselves. We almost all agree that things could be better but 79% is ahuge number no matter how we analyze it.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

ORIGINAL: the outsider

The bottom line is that 79% said satisfied in one way or another. the measurement was obviously by the hunters themselves. We almost all agree that things could be better but 79% is ahuge number no matter how we analyze it.
What you just wrote means nothing, except to defend something that you apparently don't understand, or you would have offered an answer.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing to explain. 79% said they were satisfied.I read the report. You didn't so I suggest you read it before you make any more self embarassing assumptions.

Quick Reply: What to do with the crossbows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.