Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 What to do with the crossbows. >

What to do with the crossbows.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What to do with the crossbows.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What to do with the crossbows.

well said btb
Old 02-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Banned

Found it interesting that guys are still arguing over crossguns in Ohio after 30 years! Really gives us alot to look forward to, for a long time to come. Thank you Pgc![:'(] http://forums.bowsite.com/TF/regional/thread.cfm?threadid=164625&MESSAGES=44&sta te=OH
Old 02-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

ORIGINAL: the outsider

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

I figure after archery season next year there should be some great buys on used X-Bows,once some of these guys realize this is not as handy of a tool as once thought.[:-]

I think you could be right. The type looking for a shortcut will likely be disappointed.
This was meant as a ruse, right? Shooting a crossbow doesn't even come close to the skill and practicerequired to shoot a vertical bow. Just realize the limitations of the weapon and the variables.
No ruse. Shooting a crossbow is easy. Bowhunting is not. The ideais that some of those crossbow shooters will catch on to the fact that you still have to hunt the deer on their terms and get disgusted and give up.
that could very well happen, good chance of that in WMU2G.

THAT WHY I THINK THE COMPOUND SHOOTERS WILL SWITCH TO CROSSBOW AS THEY ARE HUNTERS.

way things are here in my area,hunting is very hard do to lack of deer and early in-line season STINKING up woods for weeks.

so, you coould be right, i think more pressure will come from hunters that had LEGAL crossbows already but could not use them here in wmu2g.

they will come to camps and hunt with them from harrisburg etc.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

Found it interesting that guys are still arguing over crossguns in Ohio after 30 years! Really gives us alot to look forward to, for a long time to come. Thank you Pgc![:'(] http://forums.bowsite.com/TF/regional/thread.cfm?threadid=164625&MESSAGES=44&sta te=OH
yes, same concerns we have too,walking in woods with high power scope thinking they can shoot at deer at 50 yds while deer is looking at you.[:@]