Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 What to do with the crossbows. >

What to do with the crossbows.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What to do with the crossbows.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default What to do with the crossbows.

What shall we do with the crossbows if it is found that they do have a large impact on our deer herd? I am wondering what you think. What do we do if we find that too many deer are being taken or too many buck are being taken prior to the rut? Do you think it is even possible to have too many deer taken in the eyes of our game commission? Should we shorten the archery season? Should we shorten the season for crossbow hunters only? Should we have a crossbow only season? If so, where should it be inserted? Should we reduce the number of doe license allocations? What are your thoughts?
Old 02-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What to do with the crossbows.

Easy.Toss them out if that happens.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Take it back to disabled only
Old 02-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cross bows will not have a large impact on the deer herd because the PGC controls the herd with the antlerless allocations and harvests. The impact of x-bows will be a drop in the bucket compared to the reducing the herd by 600K deer from 2001 to 2006.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:20 PM

ORIGINAL: DougE

Easy.Toss them out if that happens.
That is pretty stupid answer and will never happen. They will shorten season instead. Toss out 600+$ weapons that people bought after they been aproved. LMFAO. Yea, I see that happening without the PGC buildings getting burned down. Tryagain there little rsb. They are there to stay now in your state.

I can't believe no one said to reduce the doe tags to increase the herd back up. But it must not be an option for the PGC elite forces on here.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Less than 10 minutes before your attempted hijacking to HR.

Just cant leave any thread on topic can ya?

Old 02-03-2009, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

What shall we do with the crossbows if it is found that they do have a large impact on our deer herd?
The topic was the impact of X-bows on the herd. I simply pointed out that the impact would be insignificant compared to the effects of HR. My comment was directly related to the topic of this thread ,but your last post had nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Banned

With guys paying big bucks for xguns, theyre not gonna take em back now.

Also, no added harvest is too much for pgc to swallow. In fact, they probably welcome it, and is most likely why theyve legalized them in the first place.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Banned

"If so, where should it be inserted?"

Id like to tell anti-deer queen pallone + the rest of her posse that voted procrossgun and antideer all along exactly where they can insert it.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

They will shorten bow season before they do away with a xbow hopefully they would cut doe tags first thou

Quick Reply: What to do with the crossbows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.