Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 A better relationship with our PGC? How? >

A better relationship with our PGC? How?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

A better relationship with our PGC? How?

Old 01-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A better relationship with our PGC? How?

i am lucky i have not seen a wco in 3c in years infact i dont even know who the wco is around here
anymore downside is poaching but for me a better relationship with pgc if they would atleast explain why
how for how long they have to do things and atleast listen to the hunters
Old 01-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Call your regional office and ask for a program at your sportsmans club. Its that easy and the WCO will get back to you and set a date. I visit any and all clubs that invite me.
Could you please provide some idea what would be included in the program. Are you willing to say if your support ARs and the current HR program. If you choose not to answer , I understand why and would not hold that against you. You are paid to represent the PGC's position on deer management and to do otherwise would jeopardize your future with the PGC. I have been there and done that with DCNR.
The WCO is not there representing himself he is representing the Commission. However there are many types of programs availible. The best types are open fourm, let the Sportsmen ask what they want on any subject and If I dont know the answer I take thier name and number and call them back after I research it.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

R.W.J, The club is only about 15 miles from the office.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: blkpowder

R.W.J, The club is only about 15 miles from the office.
I think that WCO Fazi. Call and set something up. Good luck!
Old 01-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah I just might need it? But I hope not!
Old 01-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: blkpowder

Yeah I just might need it? But I hope not!
LOL I didnt mean it that way.....
Old 01-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

The WCO is not there representing himself he is representing the Commission. However there are many types of programs availible. The best types are open fourm, let the Sportsmen ask what they want on any subject and If I dont know the answer I take thier name and number and call them back after I research it.
That is exactly what i would have expected and that is what I did when I represented DCNR. But, unfortunately it would do nothing to resolve the split between the PGC and the hunters if you simply supported the current deer management plan.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Typical Buck

R.W.J I didn't mean it that way either! That was towards the newer membership of our club.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DougE

blkpwdr,Good post.The problem is,most sportsmen are not educated enough on the issues to have solid input.Most hunters want more deer but they don't understand how deer impact the habitat.Most hunters expect the PGC to fix the habitat but they don't understand what they do and what it takes to do it.It's easy to sit back and say what needs to be done.It's another thing to know what it takes to actually do it.

I've been to alot of informative seminars and habitat tours hosted by the PGC,DCNR,PSU and the US forest service.I've done pellet counts,population analysis studies and browse impact studies along side many of these professionals.These things are all open to the public and they're very informative.Funny thing is,99% of the people that show are guys that just want to learn.Very seldom does a naysayer every show up.It's too bad because eventually you come to realize that these guys really do care and they are trying to do what's best for the future of hunting.Education is the key.Unfortuantely,those most opposed to the PGC really don't care tolearn.All you have to do is listen to some of the off the wall posts on these message boards.One admistartor on another board slams the PGC at every opportunity.He was stated that he didn't care happened to the habitat as long as he saw enough deer running through the open timber to keep him excited.Yep,the PGC should really listen to someone with that mentality.Funny thing is,I heard his family had a pretty good year killing doe this year,something he strongly opposes.Although,his sentiments are scary,many feel the way he does.those are the one's crying the loudest.

I've went to enough hearings and meeting about the deer to understand what most hunters want.Most want alot of deer at any cost.I sat through the Legislative hearing two years ago in Dubois,sponsored by Hanna and Surra.We had many sportsman and politicians complaining that they don't see 60 deer a day anymore.I saw sportsmen stand up and say they should sell game lands and take pay cuts before there was a lisence increase.I saw hunters complain that they cut too much timber.I heard hunters complain that they didn't cut enough.I heard hunters complain about DCNR spraying beech brush.I heard the complaints about coyote and mountain lion stocking.This year we have a sportmen's group sueing the PGC.Theirconsultant said we'd be down to 50000 deer by this year.They represented a crazy Amish guy thatformed an elaborate hoach about being attacked by a mountain lions.three years ago at another save the deer meeting,I heard a guy threaten to burn down a taxidermists house because he supported the PGC.This crap all makes me embarrased to call myslef a hunter at times.It's no wonder the PGC doesn't listen all the time.

Cardeer,OK you spend 4 moths on SGL 52.B.S as usual.

Sproulman,I've owned blazers,half ton pu's and 3/4 ton pu's.My half ton's got better gas mileage than the blazers and the repair costs were no where near as bad.Too bad the PGC doesn't listen to you.You'd be a real savior.
DOUGE,at that meeting did you notice our rep from sportsmans club say,HABITAT IS NOT GOOD IN WOODS .

he is same one that fills his freezer, like you ,ole buddy and always sees deer.he was former DCNR employee too

only problem is, he was after a big job with elk group and he did not get it.........

so, he walked the talk.

now, i did a 2 year study on vehicles, yes DOUGE, sproul backs up his facts.study was done on full size vehicles vrs smaller size.

we checked repairs,tires, insp,gas,costs new on and on.

this was done and called a QUALITY CONTROL COMMITTEE, almost sounds like a group you belong too in forest

we showed and demonstrated info we had .

we showed millions of dollars in saving to company on buying and using smaller fuel vehicles company wide.

we had info you would not believe.

we did FIELD checks, like you and interviews with over 40 vendors/repair facilitiesand over 73 operators of vehicles.

this took us 2 years and we went to philadelphia to present it.

DOUGE, we even had insurance figures comparison, never know, maybe you were in comments on insurance

so, respectfully, again youy are WRONG on vehicle saving .

Old 01-30-2009, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: lost horn

Might be a good idea if the PGC told the WCO,s to stop bashing hunters on public forums, that could be a good starter.
losthorn, over on the HPA forum, i agree, its stacked with PGC/DCNR wannabees and is 1 sided towards the PGC/DCNR.

but here, i think RSB and RWJ have been decent and we would lose a lot if they did not come on here.

we have to have them give their side , right or wrong.

i get called a KNOTHEAD by RSB a few times, but it dont bother me because they do have info i can learn from as much as bluebirds and others info.

this is best forum in u.s.a.

i even had JIM SHOCKEY tell me that, thats something.

at least we all hear BOTH sides here and no one is sucking up to PGC/DCNR like over on HPA forum.

Quick Reply: A better relationship with our PGC? How?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.