Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 A better relationship with our PGC? How? >

A better relationship with our PGC? How?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

A better relationship with our PGC? How?

Old 01-30-2009, 05:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A better relationship with our PGC? How?

ORIGINAL: mlo3135127

Althoughi don't hunt PA anymore i find these PA posts interesting.
DougE, I liked your first post. As usual you know what you are talking about.
well,ahhhhhhhhhh.be nice now sproul
Old 01-30-2009, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: WCO R.W.J

ORIGINAL: Big John

I practically begged and pleaded with our GW's to come into our shop and talk with hunters. No deal- they were afraid of physical violence. Hmmm , they have a point !!!
I find that hard to believe, If your in the sw part of the State I will gladly come to your meeting.
rwj, our next USP meeting at our sportsmans club, will you come?
Old 01-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: blkpowder

Listening to a discussion at my local sportsman's club,prompted me to ask this question.
[/align]It brought me to remember, years ago. How a representative from both the Pa Fish Comm. & Game Comm. would come
[/align]on a quarterly basis to the club. Jim Mehaloc and Don Hyatt.These gentlemen are no longer with us.They would keep us informed
[/align]on how things are going within there commission, any up coming changes being proposed and always asking and taking notes on our input. The biggest one the older members remember. When Jim would come down and ask our input on upcoming hunting seasons and bag limits. First there was an open floor discussion. Jim would go on,they want to change this, add that, cut back on this.Explain why, give his views then take our questions. Then we actually had Jim leave the room, took our vote. Called Jim back into the room and presented him a copy of our vote and signed by our club officials. Then Jim would take our vote and if any suggestions back to his supervisor. There is no doubt, the biggest negative you hear, the PGC is not listening to us or don't care about us. I'm new on this forum, but in this short time. I've seen some very intelligent,level headed people present and back there comments. BTB,Doug,bowtruck and others. Can this be done? I also hope to hear from RSB.
[/align]
[/align] Thanks guys
[/align]

I too attend a high percentage of the Sportsmen club meetings in my county. I have missed very few of the County Sportsmen meetings where each club in the County sends a delegate or two. I generally only attend individual club meetings though when they invite me. I used to try attending some of them but many of them are only sportsmen clubs in name so they can get a liquor license. When I would show up for their meetings they never talked about any sportsmen business anyway and their meetings consisted of financial business, or who was going to tend bar during which hours and days.

I jump at every possible chance to attend meetings with hunters, all they have to do is let me know they want a program or that they just want me to be there to answer questions.

Most of our officers are more then happy to come out and meet with hunters. As RWJ already pointed out just call and ask.

As for many of the comments you just heard on this board though I will have to say that there are some people that will never accept anything that anyone from the Game Commission has to say because we don’t always tell people what they want to hear and instead do our best to just tell them the truth.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Old 01-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

As I see it there's big problems on both sides....

Here we have WCO R.W.J. offering help to get communication going between hunters and the PGC. Thats the kind of help we need. Thank you WCO R.W.J.!!!

Of course then we get Bluebird telling us there's no use in trying to communicate! That kind of crap, no one needs.[:'(]

Then we have RSB telling us that he doesnt care if hunters take a flying leap with their money. No one needs that kind of garbage either. If RSB is tired of trying to communicate with the people who provide his funds, maybe he needs to find a new line of work.[:'(]

I have no respect for the USP but on the other hand, the UBP has backed the PGC several times where it meant sacrificeby the bowhunters but the UBP supported it because we believed the resource was being served. Now the BOC approves crossbows without any science supporting it and in the face of strong opposition from guess who? The UBP. This was purely a social issue and the BOC spit in the eye of the organization who has supported them all the way. I stiil cant support the USP types who have been crying no deer for 30 years but I'm beginning to understand their desperation lawsuit strategy. (I said I understand it, I still dont agree with it)

As I see it, there's a whole lot of fence mending and house cleaning that needs done on both sides and I'm not real hopeful that either side is gonna take the first step.[:'(]
Old 01-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

we don’t always tell people what they want to hear and instead do our best to just tell them the truth.
You wouldn't recognize the truth if it was printed on an oak 2X4 in big red letters that hit you square between the eyes!!

If you want to prove I am wrong ,tell us why the breeding rates decreased by 5%,or why the buck harvest didn't return to normal after 2002.You can't or won't do it because you are a fraud!!
Old 01-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

we don’t always tell people what they want to hear and instead do our best to just tell them the truth.
You wouldn't recognize the truth if it was printed on an oak 2X4 in big red letters that hit you square between the eyes!!

If you want to prove I am wrong ,tell us why the breeding rates decreased by 5%,or why the buck harvest didn't return to normal after 2002.You can't or won't do it because you are a fraud!!
Asked and answered many times Bluebird. RSB provided those facts regarding the breeding rates, you tried to distort them and I proved you wrong with the math spelled out for all to see. Everyone who commented on it agreed that you had distorted things. As you well know, I have an issue with RSB myself right now but he was right on that one and you simply wont give up. You are the biggest fraud on these boards. You arent helping your cause with all your lies distortions and fraudulent statements
Old 01-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

You beat me to the punch BTB. Bluebird,I'm new on this forum,but I have already noticed,regardless what the topic is,you come out of the starting gate with a negative towards that topic.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Asked and answered many times Bluebird. RSB provided those facts regarding the breeding rates, you tried to distort them and I proved you wrong with the math spelled out for all to see. Everyone who commented on it agreed that you had distorted things. As you well know, I have an issue with RSB myself right now but he was right on that one and you simply wont give up. You are the biggest fraud on these boards. You arent helping your cause with all your lies distortions and fraudulent statements
That is an absolute flat out lie. You didn't prove anything other that you can't tell the truth. You are one step lower than RSB when it comes to veracity and values.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

You beat me to the punch BTB. Bluebird,I'm new on this forum,but I have already noticed,regardless what the topic is,you come out of the starting gate with a negative towards that topic.
That is simply not true. If the topic reflects reality I will support it. If the topic is false and misleading I will oppose it. I deal with facts and reality rather than feel good theories and wishful thinking. Please feel free to show that anything I post is false or misleading.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

That is simply not true. If the topic reflects reality I will support it. If the topic is false and misleading I will oppose it. I deal with facts and reality rather than feel good theories and wishful thinking. Please feel free to show that anything I post is false or misleading.
Thanks blkpowder! I rest my case BB

Quick Reply: A better relationship with our PGC? How?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.