Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Pa hunter numbers, is doomsday really here? >

Pa hunter numbers, is doomsday really here?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa hunter numbers, is doomsday really here?

Old 12-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pa hunter numbers, is doomsday really here?

Call me greedy but I would LOVE to see hunter numbers drop in this state. Or at least the man days afield. And we pull that off with no sunday hunting!
Old 12-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Call me greedy but I would LOVE to see hunter numbers drop in this state. Or at least the man days afield. And we pull that off with no sunday hunting!
I beat you to it I'm the greedy one.And if it would get rid of more whiners I'd pay an extra fifty dollars for a licence.

[blockquote][quote]

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: fellas2

Hey BTB,you can subtract 7 more from that number for next year.
Just makes for better hunting for me. I hope some more pheasant hunters quit too ,more birds for me.
That is exactly the self centered greedy attitude I would expect from someone like you.
[/blockquote][/blockquote]
Old 12-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't mind Sunday archery, but I surely don't want Sunday firearms deer hunting. We would pick up a lot of fast-food deer hunters that we are better off without.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: livbucks

I wouldn't mind Sunday archery, but I surely don't want Sunday firearms deer hunting. We would pick up a lot of fast-food deer hunters that we are better off without.
IMHO, the one day warriors are the ones we can do without! I'd like to see Sunday hunting but you've brought up a very good point that really makes one think there Greg.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

Once again,I was't talking to you,but you're entitled to your opinion and me mine.I'm not sure how long you've been hunting in this state but i'm pretty sure it hasn't been long enough to know what "good" hunting is. It's like growing up eating steak and then somebody trying to pass off liver as the real thing.bawanajim,if you call what this state has to offer pheasant hunting,I'm already questioning your sanity.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

ORIGINAL: livbucks

IMHO, the one day warriors are the ones we can do without! I'd like to see Sunday hunting but you've brought up a very good point that really makes one think there Greg.
Hey, I'd love more days any way I can get them. I just wonder about the overall effect. I don't lobby against Sunday hunting, whatever happens there, I will go along with it. I do have my opinion about what could happen as a result.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Just came across some intesting numbers from the NSSF regarding PA hunter numbersas compared to the other 49 states.

PA Ranks:

#2 inresident hunters

#4 for out of state hunters

#2 in $$ spent on hunting

# 1 in days afeild for all hunters

It is undeniable that license sales are down all across this nation but PA still looks fairly strong despite the claims from the USP and their ilk

http://www.nssf.org/07report/factsheets/Pennsylvania.pdf?CFID=3324139&CFTOKEN=b0acf715 fb5a9cee-21DDDB1E-9204-3EF1-A729994817B4A749&jsessionid=f0308d4b75e4f18ce8 f068112716275172a7

im not arguing with the info you found but how can it be number 1 in days afield?? we cant hunt on sundays so that should subtract alot. like say ky for instance i can hunt from early sept till mid feb straight for bow season. not unless im missing something....which is possible and heck pa cuts their bowhunters out the second week in nov. missing some of the rut we are.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fellas2

Once again,I was't talking to you,but you're entitled to your opinion and me mine.I'm not sure how long you've been hunting in this state but i'm pretty sure it hasn't been long enough to know what "good" hunting is. It's like growing up eating steak and then somebody trying to pass off liver as the real thing.bawanajim,if you call what this state has to offer pheasant hunting,I'm already questioning your sanity.
I have been hunting here for over 30 years. In both suburban settings and the big woods public land of the NC region. Buck hunting has NEVER been better either place. The WV boys say our deer are huge compared to their deer. And a forkhorn is a bona-fide trophy down there....because they shoot anything that moves. Bucks never live.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can't do any thing about the Pheasant hunting this state has to offer, but I do shoot as many of them that the PGC has to offer. Less pheasant hunters means more for me.

Same as deer I work all year making my woods a deer heaven,I have not a reason in the world to kill any doe ,but I love buck hunting.We will never challenge Illinois in terms of monster bucks,but the deer I'm seeing and killing now are better than most could ever ask for.
Just being mad and bitter is a fools life style, its a hunters choice to kill what is legal or to hunt at all,g back and readthetimes dead deer makes his demeaning post and figure for yourself how much deer hunting he really does.

When given lemons some chose to make lemon aid, while someothers prefer to justpucker.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

im not arguing with the info you found but how can it be number 1 in days afield?? we cant hunt on sundays so that should subtract alot. like say ky for instance i can hunt from early sept till mid feb straight for bow season. not unless im missing something....which is possible and heck pa cuts their bowhunters out the second week in nov. missing some of the rut we are.
good question that I've no answer for other than it to guess that it could be that our sheer hunter numbers ,ake up for our 6 dayweek.

Quick Reply: Pa hunter numbers, is doomsday really here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.