Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Pa hunter numbers, is doomsday really here? >

Pa hunter numbers, is doomsday really here?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa hunter numbers, is doomsday really here?

Old 12-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pa hunter numbers, is doomsday really here?

I guess it all depends on what your definition of "buck hunting has never been better" is.If you go by average # of points on those,I might agree but if you go by sheer numbers i'd respectfully disagree.I've hunted the last 41 years in both the big woods and the southwest corner and myself and many of my hunting companions would disagree with your assesment.Better never let those WV buddies of yours go to Ohio or Illinois or they'll need heart medication when they see one of those buck.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Just being mad and bitter is a fools life style, its a hunters choice to kill what is legal or to hunt at all,g back and readthetimes dead deer makes his demeaning post and figure for yourself how much deer hunting he really does.
Today was the first day I didn't hunt during this concurrent season. Very few hunters spend more time in the woods hunting than I do. The differnce is I spent a lot of time hunting for the benefit of others in our group while greedy ,selfish hunters like you want more hunters to quit so you have it easier. What a loser!!!
LOL! yeah right! Unless you take a laptop with you, a look at your last 100 or so posts shows that you've spent most of this season right here onHNI
Old 12-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't believe that you can't get any opportunities at 2.5 year old deer if you spend that much time in the woods. My Dad always wants to do the stompin' for us too and he regularly gets nice bucks. He was walking a creekbottom, driving for us on the ridge and a huge 10 point followed a doe to him. We estimated the deer at 4.5 years of age. That was in the big woods public land NC region. He actually gets more when he moves than when he sits.

When was the last time you got a buck BB2? C'mon.....shoot straight and tell us, if you got a buck...would you admit to success on this forum?
Old 12-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: livbucks

I can't believe that you can't get any opportunities at 2.5 year old deer if you spend that much time in the woods. My Dad always wants to do the stompin' for us too and he regularly gets nice bucks. He was walking a creekbottom, driving for us on the ridge and a huge 10 point followed a doe to him. We estimated the deer at 4.5 years of age. That was in the big woods public land NC region. He actually gets more when he moves than when he sits.

When was the last time you got a buck BB2? C'mon.....shoot straight and tell us, if you got a buck...would you admit to success on this forum?
Het Greg, I think you'd Better modify your question to BB2 a bit "when was the last time you killed a buck with antlers"
Old 12-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK.....When was the last time you got a buck with antlers(not counting Buttons also), that you did not have to kick the antlers off of it to make it taggable?
Old 12-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Are you brain dead or do you just have a very short attention span. I just posted the last buck I shot was a cripple with both back legs broken that i shot as a favor for a local farmer who keeps his land open to hunting. Now if I was a greedy SOB rack hunter I would pay him a few hundred bucks and lease his land , tick off the neighbors and have my own shooting preserve. Instead ,I manage his property for timber production and keep the land open to all that ask permission.
Maybe if you spent less time trying to undermine scientific deer management you'd learn enough about hunting to actually be able to harvest a deer that isn't crippled or doesn't still have milk on it's lips.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

You guys are making it tough on him now.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I mean a real buck. A buck you see in the woods and has all it's faculties. Not a lame cripple euthenasia mercy killing.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bluebird has clearly stated that he doesn't consider the hunt a success unless he kills. He has clearly stated that he will happily shoot the first button buck that comes by and is upset that he can longer shoot the little juvenile bucks with small antlers.

Sounds like he'd enjoy a high fence preseerve but it's my guess that he'd never part with the $$ for that.

Maybe we can take up a collection and buy him some baby chicks to stomp
Old 12-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe if you spent less time trying to undermine scientific deer management you'd learn enough about hunting to actually be able to harvest a deer that isn't crippled or doesn't still have milk on it's lips.
Without a doubt a trophy hunter like you and your ilk would have told that farmer to go pound salt because you would never give up your buck tag for the good of the sport. You would rather see that cripple stumble around for hours in full view of non-hunters rather than do the right thing. i guess you really are a low life hypocrite who would demean a fellow hunter for doing the right thing for the image of sport hunting in PA.
Only a desprate man wouldfoolishly use a tag on a road kill. I guess some guys have no limits when it comes to getting their buck.

Quick Reply: Pa hunter numbers, is doomsday really here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.