Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Mountain lions in PA! >

Mountain lions in PA!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mountain lions in PA!

Old 12-10-2008, 10:28 AM

Default RE: Mountain lions in PA!

I am always looking for one to shoot when I am out. Haven't yet found one. I thought about buying some ML in heat urine and setting upcouple of my MB 650s and see what happens. Maybe next year I will try that in an area that they say they seen them. Maybe can get lucky and draw my cat tag and see a ML the same year and shoot it for a mistaken BC as was mentioned. I thought it was a BC.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Best response is to just smile and nod.
Best answer I've seen!
Old 12-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

My take. My views follow that of the penn state proffessor who has been fllowing the phenom for decades. Cougar sightings increased darmatically in the 1970's at the same time our deer herds were getting very large. But very suddenly....after close to 70 years with little to no sightings reported. He believes that IF they are here they are a western variety and not the eastern which are now extinct. Problem is, that someone must have introduced them here (probably in the late 1970's). There is your scandal, and the reasons for any cover ups. Obvious candidate would be the PGC.
Yeah Right!! They would rather stock mountain lions (and have no controll over them)than give out more tags. Often proffessors are book smart, but have no common sence. I know a few.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Typical Buck

They thought it was a good idea with the coyotes. Oh wait that's just another conspiracy theory, right?
Old 12-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Right.Show us some proof that they were stocked.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck, I found the large cat tracks and will be doing the same in that area. Mistakes happen.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: WCO R.W.J

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: mlo31351270

I don't understand. Why would the PGC lie about mountain lions?? Explain it to me.
no doubt a WCO has seen a cougar in pa.

most likely if admitted, they would cause them some problems that they do not want.

but remember, i only saw 1 in my lifetime,they are not that plentiful.

i believe same cougar may be seen in diffrent areas and i believe they may come and go too.

too many people i know that know difference from cougar/bobcat.
too many.to be mistaken.

i remember when we were being denied that we were seeing COYOTES all in about 2 years in great numbers back in the 90s.

no doubt in my mind that SOMEONE released coyotes into our woods and did it in about a 2 year period back then.[:@]

as for cougar, i dont believe that PGC released them but i think they wandered into state as you read now how far cougars are coming from.
Coyotes were never denied being in PA by the PGC , there are pictures of them in the game news from every decade. Please provide one link to where the presence of Coyotes was denied by the PGC.

I have never seen a cougar in PA but if I did I wouldnt lie for anyone and in nearly nine years with the PGC nobody has ever asked or directed me to lie about ANYTHING!
being you are A WCO for just 9 years, congrats but this was comments back in 90s when the coyotes were dumped on us in large numbers.

i know, you will say that was not done, we DONT BELIEVE IT.

why dont we, ALL COYOTES SIGHTING HAPPENED IN ABOUT 2 YEARS IN 90S.

i never said a coyote was not here.i never said wco lied.

denials were that they were not brought in,that is what i meant.

respectfully, no way coyotes all MIGRATED here in that 2 year period back in 90s.

to go from never seeing one too seeing hundreds of reports in those 2 years,someone stocked them here.

i dont want to turn this into another bashing on coyotes on who did it and no evidence who did it.

i never said the PGC released coyotes, i believe someone did as now the PGC is saying on cougars,WE THINK THEY MAY BE RELEASED PETS

Old 12-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DougE

Any state agency that simply introduced a large predator would be in jeopardy of losing their Pittman robertson funds.No agency would be dumb enough to risk that abount of money.There is no proof,not even a tiny bit that the PGC released mountain lions,tigers or coyotes.It'sall urban legend and speculation.
douge, back in 90s in about a 2 year time frame we started seeing coyotes in LARGE NUMBERS .we got reports all over clinton county.

i cant remember a report of coyote going back to 60s,not one from hunters.

now, if they did MIGRATE here ,why did they all do it in those 2 YEARS.

we dont buy it,they had to be released, by whom, most logical would be PGC but they said they did not do it.

someone did and it was done to reduce the FAWNS.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

SPROUL,I know guys that were trapping and killing them in the 70's and 80's.In 1980,my next door neighbor killed two onthe first drive of doe season that year.I've also seen pictures in game news and newspapers dating all the way back to 1938.They were always here.Did the PGC also stock them in every othere state?I don't know of one of the lower 48 statesthat they don't inhabit.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mosquito creek has been having a hunt since 1991.Coyotes didn't just show up that year or the year before in huntable numbers.Where does one purchase so many coyotes?Do you have the name of a coyote farm where I can buy several hundred?How about just a couple?

Quick Reply: Mountain lions in PA!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.