Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 alternative MD public land >

alternative MD public land

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

alternative MD public land

Old 11-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default alternative MD public land

hey guys. i hunted this morning with my buddy on his aunts few acres, but she just told us she was having a "party" tonight and didnt want anyone hunting. so now i have to randomly chose some public land. I live in baltimore county, so anywhere within 45 minutes or so would be good. since i cant do any scouting or whatever, im just asking for a piece of public land that has a good amount of deer, so my chances of getting lucky are higher lol. i wish i could hunt on my bowhunting land (liberty watershed), because i have this certain buck picked out and i know exactly where he likes to roam - but i cant use guns there. im almost tempted to just bow hunt tonight, but i really would like to get a deer with my gun. so, any suggestions? sorry for long post, im just in desperate need of some suggested land. thanks
Old 11-29-2007, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: alternative MD public land

Dude... The best advise I can give yo is to pay your dues... I've hunted public land all my lifeIt took quite a few years before I started to get my deer... Mainly because I was in the military and I was young with no money... Now that I'm older and have the means to go when ever I want I do pretty goodI don't know how old you are but I'm assumeing your pretty young... Just keep at it and in due time you'll be stacking them up like quard wood

Old 11-29-2007, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: alternative MD public land

Take a look at Cunningham Falls State Park. I was there on opening day and saw over 27 deer. I lost count at that point. Good luck.