Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 lots of does , no bucks ? >

lots of does , no bucks ?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

lots of does , no bucks ?

Old 11-18-2007, 09:23 AM

Default lots of does , no bucks ?

last night i went up to my hunting land and we stalked up onto a group of 11 deer out in the field , we got about 200 yards away , it was getting really dark , and i had no intention of shooting that late , but i noted that it seemed to me there wasn't a buck among them , just some really big does , and some 1 years. I tried as hard as i could to see if there was any antlers on them but it was getting dark fast. What do you guys think? I am going back there tonight and see if i can get a better look at them and hope there is a buck around.sunset here is 4:33 , so i am planning on gettingthere at about 3:30 . These deer didn't come out last night till 4:45

Wish me luck guys , this is the same place i got my avatar buck , and i know there are bigger one's cause i have seen them spotlighting at night , andon the trail camera pics my uncle showed me.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: lots of does , no bucks ?

Get in the woods near the field and maybe you'll catch them while it's still legal shooting time, before they head out into the field. Those Buck might be laying in the edge of the woods waiting till come out till later to chase the doe. Why only hunting for an hour, get out there earlier. More time in the woods = more chance of getting one.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: lots of does , no bucks ?

I can't tell you or anyone what to do or not to do, but any hunter that would tell me they would pass up a shot at a nice buck just because it was a few minutes before or passed the legal shooting time is probably lying through his teeth! They can pretend to be the goody-two-shoes and tell you that they wouldn't but I can assure you they would be getting the safety off and the scope on the buck if the opportunity actually presented itself. As they say, "talk is cheap"!