Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 MD Rut...Check in sightings. >

MD Rut...Check in sightings.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MD Rut...Check in sightings.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default MD Rut...Check in sightings.

The rut should be coming up within the next couple of weeks. Let us know what you see.

In Howard Co. near Damascus I've seen some rubs on trees but that's it. It shouldn't happen till the 2nd week in Nov right?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: MD Rut...Check in sightings.

1st 2 weeks in Nov with the 5th thru the 10th supposedly to be the best this year.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:46 AM
Fork Horn

So how do you tell what dates will probably be good?
Old 10-24-2007, 06:21 AM
Fork Horn

Just about every year it is around the same time. Its just usually the first two or second and third weeks of Novermber when the rut kicks in. I don't think its an exact science, but it tends to be around the same time each year.

I'm not even looking forward to the rut yet... I just FINALLY want some consistent cool/cold weather.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:48 AM

Scrapes have been popping up all over the place. Cooler weather this weekend will start to get the bucks on the move a little better.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Fork Horn

YEAH BOY, I GOT A RUB LINE AND A HALF CUTING DOWN THE WOODS WERE THERE WAS NO SIGN OF DEER LAST WEEK I THINKS SOMTHING IS STARTING , ALSO I DRIVE FROM HAGERSTOWN TO DC EVERYDAY AND 270 HAS AT LEAST 3 ROADKILL BUCKS A DAY FROM FREDERICK TO RT 495 IF THAT IS NOT A SIGN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS ,

Old 10-24-2007, 08:14 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Saxman1819

So how do you tell what dates will probably be good?
Scrapes with active fresh urine, fresh rubs. Nobody can predict it. Especiallly if it warms up like it did for the past few years. I have seen bucks rutting hard in the central north and nothing happening on the shore and vise versa.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been seeing rubs for a month or more and the scrapes started opening up a couple weeks ago when we finally had a few cool days. Now if we can get some decent cool weather without the wind and rain, things will start to really kick in.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been seeing rubs for a month or more and the scrapes started opening up a couple weeks ago when we finally had a few cool days. Now if we can get some decent cool weather without the wind and rain, things will start to really kick in.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:09 PM

I am starting to see some scrapes and rubs over here on the shore as of Tuesday. It is heating up and cooling down all at the same time I hope it stays like this.

Quick Reply: MD Rut...Check in sightings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.