Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What's the best way to lure in not so dominant bucks and lots of does? >

What's the best way to lure in not so dominant bucks and lots of does?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What's the best way to lure in not so dominant bucks and lots of does?

Old 07-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default What's the best way to lure in not so dominant bucks and lots of does?

I hunt an area where theres alot of decent bucks there just not very dominant. And theres way to many does but i can never get them in bow range. Whats the best way to get them in range?
Old 07-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's the best way to lure in not so dominant bucks and lots of does?

Lots of does and bucks but you can't get any in range. I would try washing your cloths in scent a way.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:22 PM

Default RE: What's the best way to lure in not so dominant bucks and lots of does?

Food ..... does go to the food, and the bucks follow the does. Travel routes to the food are prime places to pick off does and bucks that are a bit less weary than older more mature and dominant bucks.

From that, scent control and stand placement. Don't set up directly on their trails, but rather just off of them. And use the prevailing winds to your advantage.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Find a funnel area where the deer need to cross. You could also look for an area where several trailsintersect.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Too many guys expect that they have to bring them in. Set-up to allow yourself a shot. Don't be afraid of moving in on deer you see. That's how you kill them!
Old 07-26-2008, 05:10 PM

Go to acreek bed or sit on a fence row!
Old 07-26-2008, 05:14 PM

Feeders. Start feeding early in the year and they will go where the food is. O and corn is there choice.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

Have an aerial and topo you can post for us?
Old 07-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Fork Horn

Everyone has already given you excellent advice. All I can say is......Get in a good travel funnel, control your scent, and set your standwith the knowledge in mind of the bucks patternsyou gain fromscouting. Most of the rest is just luck in my book.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

A fawn bleat can also assist.

Quick Reply: What's the best way to lure in not so dominant bucks and lots of does?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.