Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Book buck taken in St.Mary's,PA. >

Book buck taken in St.Mary's,PA.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Book buck taken in St.Mary's,PA.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Book buck taken in St.Mary's,PA.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with you Sproul that there are a lot of unsportsmanlike characters out there shooting sub-AR bucks and tagging them with the kids tag.
Nothing new really. Folks have been buying their wife a tag for years and the wife gets a buck every year and never steps foot in the woods.
I don't agree that AR should apply to the youngins...I just don't.
We need to give them a shot at any buck that comes along at that age. Kinda like a free sample of dope. Get 'em hooked for life. It can only benefit the sport in spite of the abuses going on, that go on anyway no matter what. We must do right by the kids even if it is exploited by the criminal element.
We need more enforcement to deter these acts. Unfortunately the GC has cut back so much that there is virtually no enforcement.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

ORIGINAL: lost horn

Nice buck, thanks for all your trouble, I can't believe none of my friends up there never heard of him.
This is a nice one to.

Look at those eyes. That buck has been dead for a WHILE!
Not gonna make any wild accusations but it does raise questions!
wow, i cant believe you are going after kid on this..
you change your mind when you see things, that good..

but does FACTS really mean anything, no..

the youth thing is disgrace..
12/16 antler restriction is disgrace UNLESS you are one making out on it..MANY ARE.....

until we wake up and understand that most of kids 8 to 16 are NOT shooting the bucks,some are ,thats good because they have honest dads,but MOST are not..

its BROWN ITS DOWN WITH KIDS TAG,yes, most of kids under 8 are back in truck or in school/home when buck is shot..

i hunted a big buck in archery,he was tough to even see.
the week of early muzzleloader our archery hunting was terrible do to all gun hunters in woods in oct.here in pa . in my area hunting DOE..

you could not hunt archery as those old bucks were noc-turnal from pressure..

guess what, a 12 yr old kid got this buck with BOW this week of muzzleloader .

man, i guessi am not hunter i was for 50 yrs.

i can only say, the week of early muzzleoader/gun season should be STOPPED..
to allow bows and firearms in woods at same time at this time of year,the big bucks are going to be shot while these people are hunting doe.

you dont have people in woods as you do in regular hunting firearm season to WATCH if the law is broken and buck is shot with gun and not bow.............

do we think if archery hunter is carrying a muzzleloader and bow to his stand in oct FIREARM FOR DOE/archery season, if a big buck walks out, you think he is going to use bow,LETS ALL WAKE UP.

it will be shot with gun,arrow in hole and adult or kid will get credit..

my question is,WHAT IS KID GOING TO LEARN OR TURN OUT TO BE LIKE IF THIS IS DONE?

sadly, honest hunters and their kids are ones THAT WILL take it on chin as they will most likely not get a buck as others are using ITS BROWN,ITS DOWN WITH KIDS TAG......
AGAIN!!

Once again Sproul,
The topic was a big buck that was shot in The Saint Mary's area.
We are all familiar with your same old soapbox speech about your problems with the kids vs adult antler restrictions

START YOUR OWN THREAD AND STOP HIJACKING OTHERS!!!

As for your suggesting that I was coming after a kid, I did nothing of the sort. I pointed out that the deer had obviously been dead awhile and that it raised questions. Thats it. It would be nice to hear the story behind the buck thats all. Maybe it simply took them awhile to find it. Lost Horn posted it saying he didnt know the story. I made an observation. Period.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Old 01-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

you are right, i am off topic again..
thank god there isedit button.........