Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Hunter Murder >

PA Hunter Murder

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Hunter Murder

Old 12-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Spike

Default PA Hunter Murder

sad story and scarey too .. www.wnep.com/Global/stroy.asp?S=7452854
Old 12-06-2007, 06:05 PM

Default RE: PA Hunter Murder

link doesnt work
Old 12-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?s=7452854
Old 12-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

What a shame hope they get the person thats responsible for this
Old 12-06-2007, 08:59 PM

I know the police wanted to conceal some information, but I would have liked to know if the victim fired any shots back. They said he was in a shoot out, but never specifically said whether or not he fired back.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Spike

I read some where but don;t know i think he shot back... makes me think twice about hunting out of state i go out to ohio ... i go with other ppl but you never know .. just like that kid that got shot in archery season...
Old 12-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunter A has words with hunter B about a hunting spot,stand,whatever??.

Hunter A or B tells the other to go Pack Sand - or much worse!. One or Other flips out and shoots hunter - probably in back if other guy couldn't get a shot off.

Interesting "Who Done It" CSI story.

Bottom Line is - Very Very Sad Thing to happen in the Woods.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:25 AM

I live in the area and on our local news the state police said that he did shoot back with his hunting rifle! And if I heard it right he was shot numerous times!! I agree with AJ52's comment on this. Sad thing to think this also could have come from a slob hunter tring to steal a deer. In this area the deer are hunted pretty heavy on state land and the deer numbers have been really cut down over the past few years! Really sadfor this to happen but I do see this kind of stuff happening when people start to fightover a deer. JMHO..
Old 12-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe it's my imagination, but it sure seems that these type of incidents have been occuring more frequently as of late. I don't know, hunters try to portray themselves as decent law-abiding gun owners, but it sure looks like there are some looney birds among us who want to use their guns to shoot people instead of game. Stuff like this is really great fodder for the gun-control crowd!
Old 12-07-2007, 09:37 AM

hunters are only a sub-population of the greater population. there are bound to be looney birds who call themselves hunters, just as there are looney birds who call themselves humans. these looney birds shuouldn't reflect poorly on hunters any more then a murderer should reflect poorly on society as a whole.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.