Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
My buddy just got a buck for the records book! >

My buddy just got a buck for the records book!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My buddy just got a buck for the records book!

Old 11-04-2002, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default My buddy just got a buck for the records book!

Hey guys, get this. My buddy who has been hunting down in South Eastern Iowa this past week just called me and he got one for the record books. He just harvested a 15 point Non typical with his bow and arrow. He said it weighs over 250 pounds! Monster buck. He just called me 5 minutes ago today - 11/04/02. He was stuttering on the phone he was so excited. He kept repeating himself, it was funny. He said the rack is so big, that the tines alone measure almost 20 inches across before you start counting the antlers. Hes got the pictures and everything. When he comes home I will be sure to post them when I can scan it in. He is a die hard hunter and it could not have happened to a better person. He definetley deserves it. As I am writing this right now, he is bringing the buck in to get it scored by the Boon and Croket scoring system. He is pretty sure he has a record for this area. He keeps up on this stuff. Awsome. I will be sure to post the pics when I see the pictures.

Starrman

Ron Starr
Old 11-04-2002, 10:14 AM

Default RE: My buddy just got a buck for the records book!

Good stuff Starman! Congrats to him.
Can't wait til the pics come.
Thanks.
Old 11-04-2002, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Golly that gets me so pumped up as goose bumps go up and down my spine. Man we got to see some pics soon and the score on that bad boy. Dang it, do you ever get thinkin, hell that should've been mine? Kep in touch Starman and let use know. Take care, Bobby

P.S. Just one more thing, if he got it with the bow that would be a Pope/Young citiation, but you got to wait 6mos. to officially have it scored because the rack is still green. Put a stick between the rack so that it won't shrink inward, all those 1/8 inches add up.
Old 11-04-2002, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, How do I exactly post the PIC when I get these pictures? I have a scanner at home which I believe I can just scan the pictures on to my computer and then send the pics as an attachment? Not sure. Will that work? Does this site allow you to do that? Maybe I can just attach the picture as a whole in this site. I think that might work. How does everyone do this? I am not sure when he will be home, but he just called again. He said this thing is just massive. It makes those ones in cabellas look small. Its like something in a magizine. He is supposed to go hunting with me up in Roseau MN this weekend, but it sounds like he might not make it until the second weekend, not sure yet. I leave hunting this weekend up north, so it might be a week or so until I get the pictures.

Starrman

Ron Starr
Old 11-04-2002, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds good, can't wait to see pics and hear the score.

BTW, he can enter it in either P&Y or B&C when it is a bow kill. P&Y does have a restriction of 65% or less let off though. So if he took it with above 65% he will have to reg it in B&C provided it makes the min. score of 170 typical or 195 non typical net. The drying time that is required is 60Days for both books or 2 months, this will allow any official scorer to agree it is indeed of the min set forth in the requirements of each book.

Old 11-04-2002, 12:54 PM

SW Iowa and Iowa in general produces large bucks. Anyone else in Iowa taken any large bucks. Many of the larger B&C bucks have been taken in SE Iowa.
Old 11-04-2002, 01:40 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-04-2002, 02:04 PM

tahts what im talkin about, cant wait to see the pictures

"She said if I hit that fishin hole today, she's be packin all her things and she'd, be gone by noon....I'm gonna miss her, when I get home."
Old 11-04-2002, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats. to your buddy can't wait to see the pics!!
Old 11-04-2002, 08:04 PM

Congrats to your friend and that fine buck

Quick Reply: My buddy just got a buck for the records book!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.