Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 FEDS PLAN STUDY OF COUGARS >

FEDS PLAN STUDY OF COUGARS

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

FEDS PLAN STUDY OF COUGARS

Old 03-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: FEDS PLAN STUDY OF COUGARS

ORIGINAL: T_in_PA3

That's it. I'm convinced. After lunch I'm headed to Sproul to check things out.
Bet you'll see a bear or two
Old 03-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

That's it. I'm convinced. After lunch I'm headed to Sproul to check things out.
bears are not being given chance to grow up,but thats another topic..

boy, all the non-believers are here now, ha..
Old 03-16-2007, 03:34 AM

Sproulman, does anything the PGC does suit you?

We have some of the best bear hunting in North America, including some in world record weight class.
I hope you're not one of those PETA people who wants to protect cuddly little Teddy Bear????
Did you know that cougars will eat bear cubs, and so will adult male bears?

Old 03-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NorthPA

Sproulman, does anything the PGC does suit you?

We have some of the best bear hunting in North America, including some in world record weight class.
I hope you're not one of those PETA people who wants to protect cuddly little Teddy Bear????
Did you know that cougars will eat bear cubs, and so will adult male bears?

yes, i do agree with PGC on few things,they dont like SUNDAY HUNTING,i back them on that..dont want to get off topic,if you like, i can tell youlot about bears..PM me..
Old 03-16-2007, 11:30 AM

No thanks, if you wanna start a new thread that's fine but I am not that curious about bears. I don't hunt them these days, but I think we a lot to be thankful for when it comes to our bear hunting.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I need to comment on a few things.

Many years ago, about 30, I also remember the PGC stating that there were no coyotes. They stated that all the reports that they investigated were wild dogs.

I even remember the farmers in Greene Co., where I hunt, complaining about the PGC not admitting that they were coyotes. They were having problems with sheep kills. There are lots of sheep in Greene Co., by the way. The PGC kept saying there were wild dogs killing the sheep, there were no coyotes.

The farmers got together and started offering a reward for anyone killing a coyote. Hunters started shooting them. It was about that time that the PGC quitscoffing atthe reports.

But yes, I do remember the PGC trying to say that there were no coyotes. I was just a kid then so maybe all the details aren't accurate but I do remember that my father and I wondered if there really were coyotes. We hunted that county and being young, I wanted to shoot one.

They use to have big banners hanging in Waynesburg offering a reward from some sheep farmer's group.

As for mountain lions, yes they are here. I don't know how, where they came from, but they are here. had a girl friend that saw one. She kept saying that it was Orange, as big as a deer and had a long tail the curled up in the air when it ran.

I'll agree that many bobcats are mistaken for ML's. Even on here there have been several bobcat photos that many said were ML's. They weren't. I was amazed at how many hunters couldn't tell the difference.So not all reports are legit.

Its just a matter of time before one is shot.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

be careful,northpa may say a bad word about you..you have GRIT..

as for ORANGE, yes,1 i saw was ORANGE also..no where near color of bobcat..

again, i am not going after the pgc but if you are told a coyote is wild dog or feral dog,now they say a cougar could be a released pet..

also, when the pgc says to you,SIR, YOU DESRIBED A COUGAR TO A T BUT I DONT BELIEVE THEY EXIST,ALSO GROUND IS TO HARD FOR ME TO TAKE PRINTS..would not i felt better if WCO said, sproul,can i meet with you or my deputy and we will look at spot and take prints if found..

NOW, ole sproul would have felt great..i would be on the pgc team, yes, team player,even if we did not find a print but i know we would of..

lately i hear pgc is coming out and talking to you,pressure is on..

if there are cougars out there and we know there are,dont for 1 minute think that pgc in field have not seen one..hell, they are out there everyday, you cant convince ole sproul that those WCO have not seen one..

if we saw one,THEY did too over years..

yes, i also agree,lot of pictures are of bobcats, not cougar..

but the sighting most i talk to said they saw tail 2 ft long twisting as it ran..friends, thats no bobcat..
Old 03-16-2007, 06:12 PM

Dang you're good. I saw one bear. Was a nice drive through Sproul in the snow.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dang you're good. I saw one bear. Was a nice drive through Sproul in the snow.
Did it have any younguns?
Old 03-16-2007, 07:27 PM

No younguns.

Quick Reply: FEDS PLAN STUDY OF COUGARS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.