Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Who belongs to a hunting lease? >

Who belongs to a hunting lease?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Who belongs to a hunting lease?

Old 02-05-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Who belongs to a hunting lease?

Alot of hunters' are opting for a hunting lease to get more access.
I belong to a lease that has approx. 400 members and about 13,000 acres of land. The property is owned by 2 timber co's.The cost is reasonable at $175.00 a year for now. Anyone else a member of a lease?
Old 02-05-2007, 05:07 PM

Default RE: Who belongs to a hunting lease?

Yes, actually have 2 leases and they are great. One in NY and 1 in PA. by scranton. That price that your getting is very good. I pay a hell of alot more, but only 25 guys in it on 2,000 acres. But the deer are absolutely huge ! For me it worth every dollar.
And for the NY lease it's about 400. and it's private land(farm) that has food plots and 2 fields with corn planted. But again only 3 of us hunting 100 acres. So, it's a matter of hunting and having a good time. Like anything else if you want quality, you have to pay !!
Old 02-05-2007, 05:14 PM

I'd like to get into one out of state that isn't too far away.
It's always good to have a chance for another buck if u tag one here.
Besides , a few days away from work and the wife wouldn't hurt either.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:25 PM

I know there are a few hunting lease guys online that have places not too far from binghamton NY. I think 1 of the web pages is wildlifeproperties.net. I have leased from him before and had a good luck took 2 good 8 pt. on his leases. He also has aproperty in south canisteo that has a place to stay while you hunt but that is a lodge. Just an idea. Check it out it good !!
Old 02-05-2007, 05:40 PM

thanks NY,
I'll check that out.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:06 PM

ORIGINAL: NY ARCHER

I know there are a few hunting lease guys online that have places not too far from binghamton NY. I think 1 of the web pages is wildlifeproperties.net. I have leased from him before and had a good luck took 2 good 8 pt. on his leases. He also has aproperty in south canisteo that has a place to stay while you hunt but that is a lodge. Just an idea. Check it out it good !!
A few years ago we leased a property from Jeff @ Wildlife Properties. Nice guy, and it worked out well, the hunting was very good......we stopped the lease because wejust got lucky and were able to buy a camp.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

No lease here in PA but have 605 acres in Illinois. The prices for leases in Illinois are obscene. (of course the bucks are absolutely huge) Lets just say that hunting here in PA is a bargain.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:54 PM

Oh BT , You can be my new best friend.
How many guys in on it w/ you?
Old 02-06-2007, 05:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Crazy Horse RVN

Hey, can I be one of your friends also. I'd love to get into a lease on groomed land, with food plots to hunt over. Can you erect little cabin like structures in the trees?
Talk to Robert. Word down here is that he's fixing to open up for business next year for trophy bucks. I figured he had some sort of agenda.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I belong to 3100 acrelease but never stepped foot on it during deer season.It's a nice place to ride onand has a decent turkey population but deer are few and far between even though no doe hunting is allowed.A timber company owns it and has high graded most of the timber turning the habitat in to a beech and striped maple waste land.Every year the members vote to ban doe hunting on it and every year they can't figure out why there's few deer to hunt.

Quick Reply: Who belongs to a hunting lease?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.