Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

USP vs PGC

Old 01-10-2007, 01:04 PM

Default RE: USP vs PGC

LOL
Old 01-10-2007, 02:01 PM

Bailey, what on earth are you talking about, "scientific research?"
They did "no' additional research that I am aware of.
They had tons of research on their side, from many years prior to the deer management program ever going into effect.
If you really "know" something, anything, why don't you share it?

Old 01-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BaileyHill

whom paid for all the "scientific studies" the PGC had to undergo. yes eventually it came from the license buyers whom fund the PGC.
DougE your bitterness towards anyone whom defends the USP has allowed you to make anothermistake. Claiming I'm somewhat other than a real fine sportsman. I was pointing out the USP is getting what they wish for either way..beat them in court, or rive a wedge between their supporters because any money the GC must spend to do "scientific research" is less they have to direct at other worthwhile programs.
I'm surprized you haven't been banned for your negative postsan muck slinging towards responsible posters like you just did to me!!

As DougE pointed out, you simply dont know what you're talking about. the taxpayers footed the bill for the defense of the ludicrous USP suit.

Whats more troubling is that someone who calls himself a "real fine sportsman" would cheer the waste of PGC dollars and promote the agency's financial demise. Thats a sentiment we should expect from PETA and anyone who spouts that kind of drivel is way less than a "real fine sportsman"

By the way, you havent answered my question from that ridiculous thread about shortening bow season.

Are you EC or lead poisoner or deerfly back under a new ISP and screen name?

I'm betting on EC!
Old 01-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since you guys know the members on here maybe you can answer some questions.
Has the USP been around long?How many members?You guys seem to pretty much hate them.Is this because of the lawsuit or are there other reasons?The only place I ever read about them is on message boards so other then the lawsuit I'm not really familar with them.
Doug,are you going to the club during the hunt?
Old 01-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Host of Hosts

Are you EC or lead poisoner or deerfly back under a new ISP and screen name?

I'm betting on EC!

I was thinking the same thing.

You know all the folks out there who claim or think the DCNR would do a better job at the Deer Managemnet end of things is being very foolish. Maybe the PGC has been ignoring some of Pa's hunters over the HR issue, but they have stayed the course they need to and those complaining are still in the minority.

Anyway the PGC is forced to listen somewhat to the hunters in Pa due to us (the hunters) paying the bills. In the DCNR case they would have less to worry about when it came to the cries of some Pa hunters because their resources wouldn't totally lie with Pa license purchases. Pa hunters would have less of a voice if the DCNR took over. Think about it.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:07 PM

Germain - as I understand it, and I've only been involved since '98, the USP was formed by a splinter group of the PFSC who were not happy with the "conservation" stance the PFSC was taking. I'm not familiar with the issues of the day but allegedly some of thesefolks cared more about hook and bullet issues rather than the overriding big picture.A modern day example - habitat vs. deer numbers. From what I've heard, the USP was fairly tame initially and then a more radical faction tookover leadership positions. Since then they've been pretty much critics rather than craftsmen.

As far as membership - no one knows for sure. They used to list member clubs on their website until sportsmen called each club to verify that info. Lo and behold, the info vanished off their website. Many of their publications list 40,000 yet at the last hearing any legislator allowed to them to testify at the number presented was 25,000.

We attend each major sportsmens groups annual meetings every year as well as local "chapter" or "division" meetings" (darn, I have to work Friday night - the PFSC Southern Division meeting is at the PFBC headquarters). FWIW - the PFSC, UBP, PANWTF and others all draw a large crowds and substantial state agency support in terms of people and presentations, the USP does not.

You can decide what that means in terms of influence and importance.

p.s. look for a press release soon regarding one of their top people and a little issue of Title 34 violations. And yes, the violations involve deer.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

As you can see by my prior posts I'm definately not a fan of the DCNR.I think it would be a disaster to turn the SGL's which hunters paid for over to them.Just what I want to see on a SGL,ATV riders.[:@]
Old 01-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank-you neville.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: archer58

Maybe we won't hear from the USP anymore.And that other guy.
IT IS NOT OVER TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS AND SHE IS STILL WARMING UP !!!! GET READY FOR PAGE TWO.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: germain

Since you guys know the members on here maybe you can answer some questions.
Has the USP been around long?How many members?You guys seem to pretty much hate them.Is this because of the lawsuit or are there other reasons?The only place I ever read about them is on message boards so other then the lawsuit I'm not really familar with them.
Doug,are you going to the club during the hunt?
I'm not sure of the exact year Germain but I think it goes back to the mid 80's when "bonus tags" first came about. Much of their their original core was I believe, from the Allegheny County league that spilt from the PFSC.

This is only from my vague recollections so it may not be 100% accurate as to the timing and there may have been other splinter groups involved.
I do know this, The USP or it core members have been predicting the demise of our deer herd for something well over 20 years. that has soemthing to do with their credibiltyproblem. At least one of their high ranking people comes from very close to my home and I can tell you that his reputation is something way less than honorable on mant fronts and more than one sportmans organization has been burned finacially by this guy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.