Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

USP vs PGC

Old 01-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: USP vs PGC

ORIGINAL: lost horn

ORIGINAL: archer58

Maybe we won't hear from the USP anymore.And that other guy.
IT IS NOT OVER TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS AND SHE IS STILL WARMING UP !!!! GET READY FOR PAGE TWO.
and page three and page four and so on ad nauseum. We know they aint gonna give up. Neither will Al Queida. But they will both continue to lose again and again and again. I sure wish those guys would get a life!

I remember a thread titled USP lets roll. I guess now it should be USP, lets roll over
Old 01-10-2007, 06:59 PM

germain -the two "so-called" bird dogs had to go out so I cut that last reply a litle short.

A few more personal observations on PA sportsmens groups...

A couple of years ago Dominic Pileggi was the Senate Chair of the Game & Fisheries Committee. One of his staff who lived in Delaware Co. had a deer problem. I put her in touch with a local UBP member who I knew and trusted, and just like that the UBPwas golden.

In the last two years, Bucks Co. farmers have gone ballistic over the number of deer they have to deal with. It got ugly. The PGC had multiple meetings with these folks - some nice, some not so nice. Bottom line was we said hunters had to be involved first and foremost. After a few meetings, the PFSC leadership got involved and their Bucks Co. Federation was also invited to the table. Today, Rep. Chuck McIlhinney is now Sen. McIlhinney, the Chair of the Game & Fisheries Committee, his office hooks up PFSC members with his sportsmen and its a win-win for all involved. The key factor is taht the PFSC and their members are known and trusted.

The Ruffed Grouse Society is notas wellknown but they own and we operate in conjunction withthem a "Royer" a $250,000 piece of equipment used to create small game habitat all across PA. Partnerships!

Wildlife Habitat Unlimited - all they do is habitat work in the NC region (said TIC). No PR, no fuss, no whatever, just a habitat partner and supporter we work with day in and day out to enhance wildlife habitat.

And there is so many more groups.....

Positive , positive, positive.

Some daysI just want to ask folks what they have done today to further our hunting and trapping heritage, besides complain.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:13 PM

losthorn - your profile links you to Jim Slinsky. While I personally get along with Jim,( we've enjoyed a conversation or two over a few beers )and feel he provides great entertainment to PA hunters, perhaps his/your enthusiasm in this case is a bit unrealistic.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks BT and neville.I belong to a few sportsmen's groups myself and think it is a good idea to be involved with more then just buying a hunting license.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:08 AM

The entire mess is a sad and embarrassing thing for Pennsylvania hunters.
Bailey is dead wrong on his "cost" analysis but, the PGC did have to attend to this temper tantrum with personnel time that could have been much better applied serving us in a positive way. Sporstmen, got gipped.

I honestly hope the USP continues it's insanity as I think that may finally disgust enough of the remaining members to put them to bed for good.
One need only scan the various hunting message boards to see where themajority of sportsmen stand in regard to the USP vs PGC.
The fat lady is suffering from terminal diahrea!

Old 01-11-2007, 06:45 AM

Just who should we hire to manage the herd? I don't know of any companies like that.
Alt left because of threats on his life by PA hunters who disagreed w/ th plan.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:01 AM
Spike

Yes it is great news for the hunting public all across the nation. Hunters in PA are rejoicing that an end has finally been put to this bogus lawsuit by a group of disgruntled ....people! Check out all the PA bulletin boards.
Did anyone notice that the license sales were down this year just under 13,000, and the amount of complaintants in the lawsuit was just over 13,000? Hhmmm

BTBow - you forgot one possibility for BaileyHill... Don Bailey, the usp attorney, who's laughing all the way to the bank!
Old 01-11-2007, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

BTBow - you forgot one possibility for BaileyHill... Don Bailey, the usp attorney, who's laughing all the way to the bank!
Never thought of that. Something tells me that he's not laughing on his way to the bank though. Any attorney who would take that case probably doesnt have enough gas money to chase ambulances.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:19 AM
Spike

True. From what I hear, the guys never been too successful with many cases.

As for the money BaileyHill. not only did the PA taxpayers cover the court/lawyer costs, but the sportsmen/women paid for the time that several PGC employees had to waste on this frivilous lawsuit / membership drive.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bailey,you need to get out and actually meet some of people from DCNR,PGC,PSU and the USforest service.These people are knowledgable proffessionals that have more evidence to provejust how the deer have impacted the habitat.Alot of this is new science because it's relatively recent history that deer herds have exploded all over the country and wildlife agencies are just now starting to get a handle on it.We've been going through it for longer than most so we have alot of the cutting edge information.I've met and gotten to knowmany of these people over the past several years and I can assure you,their dedication is to the habitat and the deer,not money.Most of these guys are hunters themselves and see the need to fix the habitat.Archer58 and I have ameeting tonight where we'll be making plans to do more browse impact surveys this spring in 2G.In attendence will be our local district forester from DCNRand Dave Jackson from PSU's coop ext.He does habitat workshops all over the state and is an expert on the relationship deer play with the habitat.Both of these guys are serious hunters and neither wants all the deer killed even though their degrees are in forestry.Both the PGC and DCNR have all the latest information to manage both the herd and the habitat.This is gonna take time so we need to be patientbut the wait will be worth it eventually.We didn't get in this situation over night and it won't be fixed in just a couple of years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.