Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Possible Mt lion track >

Possible Mt lion track

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Possible Mt lion track

Old 06-21-2007, 10:57 PM

Default RE: Possible Mt lion track

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: sw16417

It was almost like a golden retriver, but a lighter color. And it was longer than a dog would be. It was crouching and went by our sugar house headed for us, until it saw us and ran away.
this is why i carry my camera while i am in truck or walking in woods,i am going to get picture someday, i know it....

Better carry a gun with you too!
Old 06-22-2007, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Phil,the guy claimedthe lion was in a PGC vehicle.I have no doubt that some eco-wackos would be trying to rellease some.gtting a breeding population going is another story.

Sproul,yes I do think the PGC is honest but even if they weren't,they would be dumb enough to jeopardize their P-R funding.No way.You also really need to stop spreading the nonsense that the PGC denied the existence of coyotes 10 years ago.They have documentation of the existence of coyotes that dates back to the 1930's.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:05 AM

We have Mountain lions right here in Albany County, NY. Some spottings in Greene and Schoharie counties also since the mid 80's. But lately the sitings have increased dramatically in Albany county....near Alcove Reservoir, westerlo-Burne area, quarry areas./ Some cats have been spotted with tracking colars. Local farmers, teachers and parents I regularly speak to in my classroom have no doubts in their mind what they've seen. I'm just waiting for a video or picture.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some cats have been spotted with tracking colars
And where do these tracking collars come from?

I'm just waiting for a video or picture
Funny how with sitings since the 80's that have increased "dramatically" there never are any pics.

Steve
Old 06-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

douge, in all my posts i never said that i believe that the PGC stocked cougars..

where i am saying they are dishonest is when they tell us that we did not see cougar and dont come out to take tracks etc......now, i hear some are talking to us,THATS GOOD,MAYBE THE WATERGATE WILL STOP...

if i saw COUGAR ,so has most WCO,s out there...

all we are asking is to meet with us when we report we saw one, yes, maybe some are BOBCATS but the hunters i am talking too know the difference....

i am last person that wants to see cougar killed,in fact,i like the adventure in woods that cougar is possibly there...

will acknowledging by the PGC cause them problems on the cougars, i believe they think so....
lets cut the fibbing and work together...
Old 06-25-2007, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

The PGC is not saying anyone is dishonest.They have investigated 100's of cougar sightings and have been unable to come up with any concrete proof.If all these sightings were credible,there's be some proof.They don't deny their possible existance,they just say they have no evidence of a wild breeding population.The truth is,they don't have the resources to come out and check every mountain lion claim.especially since they've come up emty handed so many times.Look at all the bobcat pictures that get posted because people claim their mountain lions.You posted one yourself.The truth is,most people have no idea what they're looking at.

No one is hiding anything.They just need proof.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

i wonder when someone shoots these cougars that PGC says dont exist,if they THEN claim they are RELEASED PETS..
i bet this will end up in court with PGC saying,YOU SHOT A COUGAR..
the defendent will say,NO I SHOT ONE OF YOUR DOMESTICATED RELEASED CATS,not a WILD BREEDING CAT COUGAR...
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,should be interesting, PGC making a reverse move on their comments that these are pets?
Old 06-26-2007, 08:19 AM

OK, there are cougars out there by the dozens, right? So tell me why nobody has shot one, nobody hits them with a car, and nobody gets a CLEAR video or photo of one?
Personally, I don't doubt that there are a few out there. It simply amazes me that nobody has PROVED it by showing us a dead one. Until then, I will continue to beleive that the conspiracy buffs who think the PGC is hiding something are fringe lonnies. No offense, Sprowlman.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

cougars by doz.no, i dont believe that ...
pat, they must be very elusive animal..
just about everyone that i have investigated,i mean, friends tell me ,almost ALL were running accross roads..

most were on DIRT rds,1 was on main highway rt.120..
1 i saw was on dirt rd....
most said they were real close..

all said they were running when their trucks came up on them..
so, they must be very elusive animal..
i agree on photos also,no one got good one i know of yet showing long tail..
1 i posted fromlock haven express looks like bobcat,to me,but was reported as cougar..

my friend said he had one come under his treestand 2 years ago in bitumen, pa..he said it had long tail...
he also said it weighed around 100 pds, 1 i saw, i feel was around 80 pds..

only thing the PGC is hiding, is truth that a cougar exists...

in one way i dont blame them, it could cause a lot of problems with PR...

but when your told that you saw a bobcat or housecat when you know you saw cougar, it makes you mad....

i heard the gov. is now taking calls on cougars,its strange, all of sudden i am not getting reports from friends on seeing cougars,it seems that in 1 year, they are seen ,then everything is quite for awhile, them more sighting...

also we are seeing LESS coyotes than we did 5 years ago..
i think its do to lack of deer here in clinton/potter/centre countys....
i am told and heard that farm areas in sou.pa are loaded with coyotes,makes sense, thats where deer are left...
Old 06-27-2007, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

You guys would be lucky to have a few cats around. It's what makes the wild what it is. Mountain lions have a range requirment that limits their numbers but yotes are just everywhere.
I don't think a few lions are gonna dent yourherd anymore than gut shot deer never recoveredor road kills or even haying fieds.
I don't want to control the woods I want to be part of it. It would be cool walking to my stand in the dark knowing that lions could be around. Do I wanna run into one. I think not, but it sure would add a level of excitement. I would rather be a part of the woods for awhile rather than need to completely control it.
In the mean time thump as many yotes as you can and if the time comes we can thump lions to. I would trade this years doe just to see one.
Rather have lions than a Walmart or new bunch of condo's
>>>>>>>>>>>Whack! !!

Quick Reply: Possible Mt lion track

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.