Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Possible Mt lion track >

Possible Mt lion track

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Possible Mt lion track

Old 01-13-2007, 05:52 AM

Default RE: Possible Mt lion track

Ain't it funny how important it is to get the facts right from the get-go.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Montana Tracker

Good evening. Unapproved use by "Neville" of a message related to mtn lions in PA that I sent to outdoor writer and radio host Jim Slinsky outside of HuntingNet and many months ago has caused some confusion. While I am flattered that Neville felt the material was worthwhile to reproduce and share with this Forum, I regret the message was not more clearly characterized by him at the time. Please also note that I erred in that message, mistakenly assuming Jim Slinsky had written about a particular case with which I was familiar involving a sighting report of a purported cougar killing a deer in PA. He did write in one of his newspaper columns about a sighting report, but it was not the same oneI thought it was.In later messages he and I clarified things. The case I knew of---and referred to in the Neville message that appeared in this string above---actually involved a state employee who watched what he felt was a mtn lion attack and kill a smallwhitetail buck. However, evidence at the scene, includingmatching the canine teeth (fangs) of a male bobcat skull with the puncture marks on the deer's neck, as well as documentation of bobcat tracks in the area of the attack, incriminated a bobcat.
Feel free to contact me if you need further information:
Dr. Jay Tischendorf DVM
Great Falls, Montana USA
[email protected]
Whichever one of you guys made a new account and made up that BS above, this just goes to show you how lame you are and have nothing better to do with your life. Is it really that impotant for you to win your arguement?? Geesh
Old 01-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DougE

Three years ago I hunted in an area of Colorado that had a high mountain lion population.The guys I hunted withlived there all their lives thereand make a living by spending most of their time in the wilderness.In all those years,they've seen one mountain lion.

Mountainlions are a secretive animal. Might explain why hard evidence is so hard to come by here in PA.

I wonder if those Colorado guys ever found a dead ML in Colorado?

Being there would be fewer here in PA, and they are protected, getting a dead body would be extremely hard to do.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sometime cougars turn up in places that they aren't supposed to.

http://www.cryptomundo.com/bigfoot-report/manitoba-cougar/
Old 01-13-2007, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

good info..i am after someone to put a cougar track on here, i like to see what one looks like in snow,anyone have picture of cat print in snow....i will carry it with me this year in feb/march..

Old 01-15-2007, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Punch in cougar tracks on google.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DougE

Punch in cougar tracks on google.
good idea,thanks
Old 06-20-2007, 02:02 PM

I was in western ny in Delevan visiting my family. On Monday I saw a cougar in my parents field, behind there house. My sister also saw it. My Dad told me 3 yrs ago that they where up ther, but this is the first i had seen them.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sw16417

I was in western ny in Delevan visiting my family. On Monday I saw a cougar in my parents field, behind there house. My sister also saw it. My Dad told me 3 yrs ago that they where up ther, but this is the first i had seen them.
was it a tunny color?that is what sticks in my head most and that long tail twisting behind him....
boy, i was close to one i saw 15 yards,so close he screached at me, he was startled..
little head with white go-tee,big shoulders and ran like those orange monkeys..
in fact ,if i would not have been so close ,you could say it did look like orange monkey running...

this was all reported to PGC and i was told,WE BELIEVE YOU DESCRIBEDA LION BUT WE DONT BELIEVE THEY EXIST..
i said lets take tracks,the PGC said GROUND TO HARD.....

thats the TRUTH and to this day,i hate the PGC.........
Old 06-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just shoot 'em if you see 'em. When you go to jail we will have our proof!
Somebody has gotta be willing to take one for the team, right?
To put you in jail, they would have toadmit it isn't a released pet BTW.

Quick Reply: Possible Mt lion track

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.