Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Dealing with trespassers in New York >

Dealing with trespassers in New York

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Dealing with trespassers in New York

Old 11-29-2006, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Dealing with trespassers in New York

i agree with your comments..quality of hunters today is disgusting..no respect for doe or fawns,its all about getting freezer meat..

Old 11-30-2006, 10:02 AM

city people that have boughtsome ofthe farms where I live have actually hurt the hunting. at one time hunters were roaming all over the area and kept the deer moving, now with part of the land posted we see fewer deer during the season.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: coffee4

city people that have boughtsome ofthe farms where I live have actually hurt the hunting. at one time hunters were roaming all over the area and kept the deer moving, now with part of the land posted we see fewer deer during the season.
Is there a reason you did not buy this land?

Get family or Friends to buy it ?
Old 11-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

How sad it is that someone legally put their land up for sale and then someone else legally bought it and decided to use it for their own legal pursuits.My new neighbor bought his house and painted it a different color that it was all of these years. that really boiled nerves!

PS... I was really pissed when I found out that "locals" were dumping trash on my land and using it as an access point for the state land behind it. Me and you have something in common... oh no, wait,my problems wereillegal....
Old 12-06-2006, 12:07 PM

If you neighbor is willing to tell you that they saw people poaching can't they do the neighborly thing and call the police for you. "Hire" them to be your property custodians along with the right to enforce your posted signs. They seem willing to help.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Spike

Well, I went back up for closing weekend to find one of my trail cams missing. You could see the screw still in the tree bent by them prying it off.
I went to the local office of the New York State Police to report the trespassing. They had me give a depostion naming just those people who have permission to be on my property without me present. They said anyone caught on the property who is not on the list will be arrested for criminal trespass. The police told me the deposition states that I want to press charges automatically and makes any contact with me prior to arrest unnecessary. Catching them there is another story.

The only thing I took home from hunting this year was aggrivation. I hope next year will be better.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:41 PM

ORIGINAL: coffee4

Or could it be that some city folks like me implement habitat improvements, timber managment and food plots and the deer just found a new home with less hunting pressure of brown its down attitude. Not saying you feel that way, but many of my neighbors do. As Airborneguy stated, everyone has the opportunity to buy the land.It's fuuny that some locals do buy the land cheap and sell it for more to us "city" folks to make a profit, then they and other locals complain all the hunting area is being posted. Perfect example, a local bought 45 acres 2 parcels over from me on 6/2002 for 13K and sold it to a guy from NJ on 11/2002 for $30K. The locals should have bought the property when it was 13K for themselves to use, but they want the money and the previlage to hunt it as well. Go figure?