Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 I am so psyched, Im losing sleep! >

I am so psyched, Im losing sleep!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

I am so psyched, Im losing sleep!

Old 11-17-2006, 06:50 AM

Default RE: I am so psyched, Im losing sleep!

ORIGINAL: ElmerFud

I was wondering if you have ever hunted the Tioughnioga Wildlife management area near Cazenovia???? I hunt in the northern parts of Chenango county and southern parts of Madison and I was wondering if you knew if there is a good population of deer there. any info would be a great help..thanks
Elmer,
I hunt northern Chenango / Southern Madison counties near Earlville and there are plenty of deer. I hope you have a DMP for 7M so you can take a doe. For some reason the DEC thinks there is a lack of deer here and so is holding back the number of doe permits. From the herds I am seeing, there are way too many. This area has tremendous potential to grow big bucks, but for the last 2 seasons NO DMPs have been issued in 7M, resulting in hunters shooting small bucks rather than taking a doe for meat and waiting for a mature buck to show up. Buck to doe ratio is getting way out of whack.
I can't wait until tomorrow. The brother-in-law is coming up today and we'll be in the woods early early. We've never gotten a buck on the same day, but I'm hoping tomorrow will be the day that we have to find someone to take our picture together.