Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

taking a dump

Old 11-01-2006, 01:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: taking a dump

ORIGINAL: nohillbilly

5 minutes into it Rebel? Did you take a magazine or paper with you?
Nope, bad case of constipation, maybe it was my pushing and groaning that brought itin?
Old 11-01-2006, 01:43 PM
jf5

ORIGINAL: nohillbilly

ORIGINAL: jf5

I try to go before, or to avoid caffeine and other things that "help it along"

However, we are all human. I do try and get to a small stream or creek to do the bizin hope that the scent will be awash in the water. What else can you do?? LOL
Soooooooo your theone stockingbrown trout in the drinking hole? I've been looking for you buddy.
LOL, only when I have too...
Old 11-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Typical Buck

I'll take a dump in the woods and though I generally try to do it as far away as possible from where I'm hunting, I did once take one right beside the spot where my old man later came and sat and he had a magnificient buck still come right out to him later that morning (I didn't mention what I had done and I did cover with leaves and dirt). I've also pissed off the side of my tree stand and still had deer come out, so there you go. Not something I want to do, but when you have to go, you have to go.

Incidentally, I usually carry TP, but if I forget, the correct order of sacrificing your clothing is t-shirt sleeves, t-shirt itself, underwear, socks.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

well, here is way ole sproul does it..will no.2 spook deer,YOU BET IT WILL..i seen deer snort and disappear..it will ruin your hunting area..

soooooooooooo,here we go..i climb down out of my treestand,thats why i like a ladder stand..

next i use that real soft clear plastic drop clothes you can buy for painting around home..i lay that down on ground,then take a poo on it..

i then wrap it up and place it in a BIGPLASTIC ZIP LOCK BAG..no smell i can detect ..sometimes i put pine limbs over bag also..i do this even if i am not in tree so i dont ruin my spot..

i lost big buck last year because i could not get my plastic out of my pocket quick enough..that buck had 20 inch spraed ,9 point and i spooked it to another hunter..he said if i had not done that no.2 he would not have seen the buck..he said it snorted andhe turned around in his stand and got a shot..

lately when i have to go i cant get plastic out quick enough..oh well..
Old 11-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was ground hog hunting with my uncle. I had just made a shot on a hog, and it was his turn. I rolled out from under the rifle, and rolled over a large cow pie. Unfortunately for me, it was fresh, and runny. I had to ride home in the back of the truck, it was pretty bad. This happened 25 years ago, and my uncle still kids me about it. We were at my aunt's funeral last year and it was the only laugh he had in quite a while. He lives in Florida now and I sure do miss him. Tom.