Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

taking a dump

Old 10-29-2006, 01:48 PM

Default taking a dump

hastaking a dump in the same area you hunt ever affected the deer activity in your area?
Old 10-29-2006, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: taking a dump

when you got to go, you GOT TO GO!! especially after a nite of vension and beer!!!!

I do it all the time (when nature calls). I don't think it make one bit of difference (poop is poop). However, I do scrape back the leaves and try to cover it up a bit, just in case.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:42 PM
Spike

Hey northernrut!! I usually crap somewhere a little bit away from where I spend the bulk of my time. I certainly won't leave the woods or anything, but I won't crap near the run I'm watching. I'll usually find the areas that my buddies are concentrating on and work my way in that direction when nature calls. Hey.....a Maine hunter!!!!!!! Come check us out at....

www.huntingchat.net
Old 10-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

dig a little hole and bury it llike a dog does.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I told this story last year, and don't really like to retell this particular one, but you asked for it.
A couple years ago, I was sitting in my stand one morning, and the call of nature came and demanded an answer. I tried to hold it but there was NO way it was working. It came to an ultimatum where I was either going to get down and answer the call, or the call was going to end up in my camo pants. I climbed down as fast as I could and went running down the trail. I got about 15 yards from my tree and was faced with the act of going right there or going in my pants. I barely got my britches pulled down and away she went, all over the trail. I was upset that I just ruined my spot. I covered it somewhat, the best I could, but you could tell from the smell that something bad just happened there. I went down to the house for lunch and reluctantly returned to the stand a couple days later to hunt it. The biggest buck I ever saw or shot an arrow at came down the same trail, walked over the exact spot I messed, and came to me. I subsequently missed him (shaving white belly hair, but no wound) because of deflection. He never acted the least bit concerned with the bad mess I made though. He was a very big 11 point. To add insult to my bad shooting, he stepped back and smelled my arrow sticking in the dirt and then walked off, only running when I tried to nock another arrow and saw me move. I know I missed him clean because there was no fat or blood or anything whatsoever on the arrow. The only souvenier of our encounter was a little pile of white belly hair that I cut off when the arrow passed under him.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:54 AM
Typical Buck

You ever hear the saying...that's why hunters wear two part of socks into the woods! We always joke at camp because I won't go into the woods until after I go to avoid suchproblems.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:24 AM

Thanks for all the great info. I'm not fortunate enough to plan such events. I'm glad there is a place I can go for such informative info and technical advice
Old 10-30-2006, 06:30 AM

Just mind where your wallet is...my buddy got back to his stand after answering a call last season and realized his wallet was gone. He went back to the dump site and discovered that his wallet had fallen out of his hunting pants when he dropped them and he ended up with a pile of hot mud on top of it!
Old 10-30-2006, 06:47 AM

More important than all of the comments above...don't forget to have a good supply of toilet paper. Those oak leaves are ROUGHHHHHH!
Old 10-30-2006, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I take a bunch of good paper towels and fold them up in my pack. Itrade them in the woods to poorly prepared hunters for their buck tags.

TIP..when going on a hunting trip, never eat the chili until the last day of the hunt.

Quick Reply: taking a dump

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.