Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 How many PA hunters not going back to NC PA this year >

How many PA hunters not going back to NC PA this year

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How many PA hunters not going back to NC PA this year

Old 09-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many PA hunters not going back to NC PA this year

I must be sseing lots of ghosts around this part of 2G then.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:41 PM

ORIGINAL: High Country Kid

A well fed deer is a tough animal to hunt because they don't have to move to find food.Without anyone pushing them around,sightings will surely be less.
Ghosts of dead deer past are even harder to hunt.
Ain't that the truth!
Old 09-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Depends what part of the state we're talking about.Better yet it depends on big tracts of public land compared to private land with limited access.The tusc forest in perry county has alot of area with 5 DPSM.It doesn't matter how many hunters you have there most aren't going to see a tail.Same goes with 10-12 DPSM.Most state land is close to that number so yeah there's going to be quite a few folks seeing few or no deer.It's not realistic to think all the hunters in an area are going to find those tiny pockets holding a few deer.Besides if they did,1-it would be two crowded2-they'd kill the few deer that are left.You can have a million man orange army but if the numbers are below say 15 DPSM sightings are going to be few and far between.How many of them will get shot before others even get that chance to see them?Low numbers are the reason for few sightings.Low hunter numbers now reflect that.It just isn't feesable for a fellow to drive 4 or 5 hours to hunt 5-10 DPSM in say Tioga state forest.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

IGINAL: germain

Depends what part of the state we're talking about.Better yet it depends on big tracts of public land compared to private land with limited access.The tusc forest in perry county has alot of area with 5 DPSM.It doesn't matter how many hunters you have there most aren't going to see a tail.Same goes with 10-12 DPSM.Most state land is close to that number so yeah there's going to be quite a few folks seeing few or no deer.It's not realistic to think all the hunters in an area are going to find those tiny pockets holding a few deer.Besides if they did,1-it would be two crowded2-they'd kill the few deer that are left.You can have a million man orange army but if the numbers are below say 15 DPSM sightings are going to be few and far between.How many of them will get shot before others even get that chance to see them?Low numbers are the reason for few sightings.Low hunter numbers now reflect that.It just isn't feesable for a fellow to drive 4 or 5 hours to hunt 5-10 DPSM in say Tioga state forest.

[/quote] germain, the true meat hunter will go to great lengths to get that meat..ones i know are going to philadelphia area and up to new york state..they are getting motels etc. most of these i know are only interested in meat.when the deer were a plenty here in 2g, they used to fill their pick-up trucks.they would use every tag they had in their group.now, no deer here so they are hunting elsewhere..the cost they are spending, heck they could but 5 steers for what it cost.its not the SPORT OF HUNTING they are doing,its the disease of MEAT.. at any cost, it just does not make sense to me..this is why i say deer will NEVER come back UNLESS doe permits are reduced and 1 deer and you are done,buck or doe..if not, these hunters will carry and use every tag they can get their hands on..only way to stop them is 1 deer and you are done.. then, if they are in woods with gun trying to fill all those tags ,they can be arrested..but,the pgc has them addicted now,what the heck, they could legally kill 4 or 5 doe..its real hard to stop doing that..sorry i rambled again,sportsmen are staying put here or giving it up..the meat hunter is going to where he can fill all those tags..
Old 09-26-2006, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

The problem with those guys going to philly and pittsburg is that they'll have a heck of a time finding places to hunt.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

germain, you are right..its getting hard to hunt here in 2g also because hunters are no longer just going out in hunting area they did for years do to lack of deer..if they see a deer today, thats where they hunt..you can drive for miles and not see a car or hunter,then all of sudden, 10 cars in 1 spot,why, they spotted those deer there..archery hunters are telling me that they cant even hunt anymore on weekends ..they said if they see your car, they pull over, grab bow and 3 of them start walking towards each other at 7 am in morning..they say they spook everything..same with turkeys, you better hide your car good..there is plently of places in 2g that you will not see hunter all day,wayback and close to road,but you wont see deer also but you will not be bothered..its even getting bad on privateland.. people are tresspassing and neighbors on privateland start their 4 wheelers at 7 am and ride roads spooking the deer..then you look over and guy is waving at you from his treestand.. i go over and say,hey friend, you know you are on my privateland,answer, oh i thought this belonged to barney google,he said i could hunt here..well, there goes your day hunting and people like this on your land,waving at you like their your good ole lost buddy,ha..
Old 09-27-2006, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

It sounds like you should move.In all the years I've been hunting,I've never witnessed any of the things you descibe.In fact,I can't remember the last time I saw another person be it another bowhunter or touist from Philly while I was in the woods bowhunting.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:06 AM

I will be back at the same camp that our family has hunted from for the past 50 years. I will be in the same standi have been sitting in for the past 15 years.

I have honestly been seeing more deer at my location since ARs went into affect that i was seeing previously.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DougE

It sounds like you should move.In all the years I've been hunting,I've never witnessed any of the things you descibe.In fact,I can't remember the last time I saw another person be it another bowhunter or touist from Philly while I was in the woods bowhunting.
its just starting douge because hiking and other sports are being pushed now..2 camp owners like to walk.they aked me if they could walk accroos my 100 acres of land,i said no problem..at 8 am ,monday of archery last year, here they come.. well, their went my hunting..then neighbor fires up his 4 wheelers or chain saws..so, its actually getting worst on privateland now,thean on sfl..thats where deer are ..take a walk after season is over in jan.hikers are out.. i love to hike also, i do it a lot but i carry my pistol..well, you want to see big eye balls, where a pistol ..very different people now in woods..i se day you wont be carrying gun in certain areas or at certain times of year..then when 1 of your cougars or mountain lions attack, no gun..well,you get point..not very funny..but could happen..we just had bobcat in last few years here attack a friend of mine..lucky he had his gun.. the bobcat had DOCUMENTED RABIES..anyhow,things are changing do to lack of deer..lets hope we can all stick together ,stop this doe and fawn killing,and increase our numbers NOT decrease them..without deer,our numbers will go lower..this is why i suggested a 3 day hunting license at half the price,pgc laughed at me..many wont pay price of license as they dont hunt more than a couple days, usually first 2 days after thanksgiving week. hell, we have 5 day fishing licenses..this would increase our numbers..they laughed at ole sproul on that one, ha.. take care..
Old 09-27-2006, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Once again.my experiences are far different than yours.I spend an enormous amount oftime scouting the state forests,and SGL's around here,especially after hunting season ends.In all that time,I've never encountered one single solitary person that was just out for a walk.

Quick Reply: How many PA hunters not going back to NC PA this year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.