Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DE Archery Season - JAN >

DE Archery Season - JAN

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DE Archery Season - JAN

Old 01-27-2006, 05:54 PM

Default DE Archery Season - JAN

Well, the fat ladies getting ready to sing. Had planned an AM hunt until the weather gods swung the wind SW. Instead, Dad and I will whip out the bug spray, stare at open flooded swamp, soak sun, the almost 60 degrees temps and watch the sunset. With our luck, it'll cloud up and we'll miss the sunset,,, Oh well, its that or stay home and study for the CPA. Id rather watch empty woods. Anyone else crazy enough to go? Its smokepole season too. Anyone doing that? Inquiring minds want to know,,,,
Old 01-28-2006, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DE Archery Season - JAN

Yep - went this am and be out pm.Hunted 4-5 times this week. Missed a crippled doe last sat night(shotgun).I took a neck/high shoulder shot at 25 yrds. Shot high and missed. I Could of taken gravy shot at a BB she was with - but I don't do BB's anymore.
Been way too much commotion around our farm past 2 weeks. Deer have gone seriously nocturnal. Got 3 in the freezer so I'm not all that concerned.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:22 PM

All was quiet tonight. Way to warm for the deer to come out early. We saw no one else out in our area. If it doesnt rain on Tuesday, I'll head out for the finally day, if not the season is over me.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:19 PM

Well, the party is over. The fat lady has sung. Went out this afternoon and sat until dark. Saw Zip! The last two weeks last year, saw deer every trip. Last year, it was freezing. This year, break out the bug spray.

Never shot an arrow this year and only came to full draw once. Thank goodness shotgun paid off. Well, 7 short months until opening day! See you all next season!