Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Suspended hunting License/Orange vest >

Suspended hunting License/Orange vest

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Suspended hunting License/Orange vest

Old 12-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Suspended hunting License/Orange vest

Two questions.

Since the '05 season is almost over how long did he suspend your license for? The rest of the season or indefinately?

We're just talking about your hunting license not your license to carry right?

Sorry if I missed the answers somewhere along the way.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:27 PM

Also from the hunting and trapping guide:
License Suspensions Remedial Hunter Ed Requirement
In accordance with Connecticut General Statute 26-61, payment of a fine, forfeiture of a bond or a plea or judgement of guilty for a fishing, hunting, or trapping violation will automatically result in the suspension of all fishing, hunting and trapping privileges including your fishing, hunting and trapping license.

Key point being, payment of a fine or guilty judgement by statute results in suspension of license. I couldn't find anything about for how long, perhaps D.E.P decides that.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:49 PM

Ok, I asked an CO (they have a new name now, to hard to spell out) about this and his answer was a one year suspension (assuming its your first offense). If you have a fishing license, you may be able torequest a hearing and get fishing priviledges restored. While I was at it, I asked about them being able to enter private land, his respones was that the US supreme court has stated wildlife belongs to the state until it is harvested, thereby they do have the right to go on private land without a warrant or anything. Buildings are fifferent and they need warrant for that.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: RayC

...While I was at it, I asked about them being able to enter private land, his respones was that the US supreme court has stated wildlife belongs to the state until it is harvested, thereby they do have the right to go on private land without a warrant or anything. Buildings are fifferent and they need warrant for that.
I figured there was something in place like that. Been trying to find itin writing somewhere on the web but haven't come across anything just yet. Now that I know the SC handed down the ruling maybe I'll have better luck.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:37 AM

ORIGINAL: RayC

Ok, I asked an CO (they have a new name now, to hard to spell out) about this and his answer was a one year suspension (assuming its your first offense). If you have a fishing license, you may be able torequest a hearing and get fishing priviledges restored. While I was at it, I asked about them being able to enter private land, his respones was that the US supreme court has stated wildlife belongs to the state until it is harvested, thereby they do have the right to go on private land without a warrant or anything. Buildings are fifferent and they need warrant for that.
With this line of logic, since WE THE PEOPLE are the state, we own the animals and as such we should have the right to trespass anywhere we wantto get/hunt our animals. Heck, we should be able to hunt them whenever we please too!

This is pure sarcasm but you get the point. Of course I do not have the right,nor shouldI have the right to trespass without permissionon private property to hunt anytime of the year I want.Game wardens should have the same restrictions put on them with the exception ofhaving the ability to obtain awarrant. I have a HUGE problem with the government giving a game warden the right to trample on our constitutional rights for the sake of animals. They seem to forget as do almost all government employees, they work for us.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:44 AM

Sorry. Post not relevant to Connecticut. I deleted it.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:48 AM

Now, as to the original question, here is the code provision for Pennsylvania.

[font="verdana,arial,geneva"]Sec. 2524. Protective material required.
[font="verdana,arial,geneva"](a) General rule. - Unless further restricted by regulations of the commission, every person hunting for or assisting to hunt for deer, bear or woodchucks shall wear either a minimum of 250 square inches of daylight fluorescent orange-colored material on the back and front combined or, in lieu thereof, a hat of the same color material. The material shall be worn so it is visible in a 360-degree arc. Unless otherwise specified by regulations of the commission, the provision of this section shall not apply to any season for using muzzle-loading firearms only or season for using bows and arrows only.
[font="verdana,arial,geneva"](b) Penalty. - A violation of this section is a summary offense of the fifth degree.