Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Suspended hunting License/Orange vest >

Suspended hunting License/Orange vest

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Suspended hunting License/Orange vest

Old 12-20-2005, 12:12 PM

Default RE: Suspended hunting License/Orange vest

Lefty26: they had 1 or 2 seasons, i had 2 options 1- go to court like you would if you contested a traffic violation or pay a fine of $75 and send to the court system until the court sends a letter to the DEP so they can send me a letter out to say for how long my suspenion would be.

JoeD: as for your response i respect your answer! Fine:$75 or court miss work, court fees if i loose, possible of losing my Muzzleloader etc., Connecticut is really hard do to all the problems and stuff.

The only good thing out of all this is that i do not loose my privliges to hunt out of the country this upcoming fall.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:48 PM

What was GC reason for tresspassing?
Old 12-20-2005, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is it possible you are leaving something out?
Like for instance, the fact that you were sitting in the game warden's tree stand?
Does not make sense to me. I would think that a suspension would be fitting for unlawful taking of game or shooting some jerk that wasn't wearing any orange.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

in virginia--no orange is a $25 fine--but-you havd to go to court(not traffic court). you are lumped in w/ drug possessions, robberies, and other major felonies. all this for a $25 fine.

also-if you have 2 violationswithin a 3 year period-you lose your license for 1 year.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:26 PM

I would be so pissed if some jackoff warden came by my stand and spoiled the whole area with his noise and his smell.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Black Bellamy

I would be so pissed if some jackoff warden came by my stand and spoiled the whole area with his noise and his smell.
At that point it doesn't matter. He isn't hunting again for a while. Either the penalty is too harsh, something else happened, or the GW happened to be in a very bad mood.

Were you on private property? Public? Why was he out where you were? If Private, i'd imagine he'd have to have complaints in order to physically walk out there without BO during gun season.

I think you may need the vaseline on this one, you got screwed.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:38 AM

Hi Phade,

i was on private land/gun club property, it's crazy! the week before he stopped another guy at the club at the entrance and checked all his stuff.
i do know one thing though we have a couple of homeowners in the area that hate the gun club ranges etc. the club has been there for 60 years. But what i cant understand is if the GW is a hunter like us whyharass us. This was my first year after taking 2 years to get into the club and just started hunting it this season! And look liscense GONE!

Makes me not want to hunt anymore.

thanks.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

It sounds like the GW was tresspasssing on your club property.You might want to keep an eye on the bear hunting case thats coming up in the Pa supreme court regarding the constitutionality of a GW trespassing on private property without a warrant. It maynot be decided in time to use the precedent as a defense but it may be helpful if you decide to appeal.

There's a thread in this forum on this case.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

Here's what Massachusetts has to say about GW's trespassing.

Chapter 131: Section 87 Arrest without warrant; seizures; forfeitures
Section 87. The director of law enforcement, his deputy directors of enforcement, chiefs of enforcement, deputy chiefs of enforcement, environmental police officers and deputy environmental police officers, wardens and members of the state police in areas over which they have jurisdiction and all other officers qualified to serve criminal process may arrest without a warrant any person found violating any provision of this chapter or of any ordinance, rule or regulation made under authority thereof, or other general or special law relating to fish, birds, mammals or dogs, and may seize any fish, birds or mammals unlawfully taken or held, which shall be forfeited to the commonwealth and disposed of by the said director for the best interest of the commonwealth. Wardens shall enforce the laws relating to fish, birds and mammals. Any of the foregoing persons authorized to arrest without a warrant may, in the performance of their duties, enter upon and pass over private lands, whether or not covered by water.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:11 AM

What if any outdoor organizations do you belong to. I would get ahold of them and let them know you position. That is what they are there for, to help us keep our rights. Do feel as hunting has done this to you. The punishment doesn't fit the crime.

Ryan

Quick Reply: Suspended hunting License/Orange vest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.