Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

bird hunting pa

Old 09-29-2005, 02:41 PM

Default bird hunting pa

hey guys where can i go to hunt some pheasents and quail i am in phila do you know of anything close to me and not a rip off seen a few places that want like 30.00 a bird
Old 10-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: bird hunting pa

I am not familiar with anything down in the Philly area but there is a pheasant farm located about 10 minutes from my house. It is called Clover Hollow and I believe they have a website. It might just be cloverhollow.com or something similar to that. I am not sure about the pricing though as I usually hunt there with my brother in law and father in law. They get one of those season package deals.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Spike

Theres literally hundreds of bird preserves you can go to.Prices will vary of course.I prefer the places that give you the whole day to hunt at your own pace rather then the half day hunt places.Do you have your dogs or would you need a dog and guide?Reason I ask is,it can run into a good hunk of change for a decent bird hunt including dog rental.

Windy Ridge is in Tioga PA.You hunt all day at your pace and the lodge is there for you during your day hunt.The lodge is also available for $11 a person per nite if your intrested.8 pheasants are $135,12 chukar $125 and 20 quail $125.They have smaller packages also.Take care,Paul..
Old 10-03-2005, 07:43 PM

There is one in Quakertown. Powderborne. Its right off the turnpike. 6 cockbirds for 99 bucks. The actual town is east greenville. I think the number is 215-679-9860.. Im going from memory..
Old 08-19-2006, 02:26 PM

I've heard there are pheasant hunting clubs that utilize private land to hunt. I'm looking to join a club like this in southeast Pa. I have a 2 year old yellow lab that is a great pheasant hunter, and would like to provide him more oppurtunity to hunt. If anyone knows of any clubs like this please let me know
Old 08-19-2006, 05:04 PM

Don't know about near Philly, but outside of Harrisburg is a place I have been to called Martz's Gap Veiw Hunting Preserve. Tried to put in a link but their webadress is "pending renewal" so no luck. But if you want to check on prices, etc their phone # is (570) 758-1535

You can hunt your dogs or with "theirs". They do everything from single hunters to big groups, feild or continental, single day or "season passes".
Like anywhere, some of the guides and their dogs are better than others and repeat customers and good tipers tend todraw the best guides.
But it isn't bad at all. Better than some places I've been.
If it wasn't almost 2 hours highway from where I live I'd probably have a season/yearly pass for birds with them for myself.