" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Waiting for PA doe permit? >

Waiting for PA doe permit?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Waiting for PA doe permit?

Old 08-13-2006, 04:01 PM

Default Waiting for PA doe permit?

Who's waiting to here from the PGC?? I bit'n the nails to see if I get a permit for 2F................
Old 08-13-2006, 05:57 PM

Default RE: Waiting for PA doe permit?

They have untill the third week in sept. to return them and seem to take their time every year.I sent for mine in 1B and there are 16,000 left out of 30,000 so I should get one.If you sent a check look to seeif itwas cashed.Good Luck.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

i'm looking for mine from 3-d myself , if there was a problem you'de have received your application back by now i'm thinking
Old 08-14-2006, 06:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

LOL,I got mine already and free to boot
Old 08-14-2006, 05:13 PM

They have untill the third week in sept. to return them and seem to take their time every year.I sent for mine in 1B and there are 16,000 left out of 30,000 so I should get one.If you sent a check look to seeif itwas cashed.Good Luck.
Yeah, they sold out of 2f permits. I haven't seen my check clear yet!![:@]
Old 08-15-2006, 08:48 AM

Wouldn't hold my breath. I live in WV, but bought a PA license last year since the bow season starts 2 weeks earlier than ours. I hunt 2A(SW PA)and was thinking I'd get a doe in the freezer early. With about 30,000 doe tags left I sent in my check the 2nd week of August. Doe tag showed up in my mailbox the second week of Oct. I had started calling about these tags a couple weeks before the season started and no one at any PA game commission office could tell me anything except "it really shouldn't take that long". By then I had had no choice but to pass on around 2 dozen does.I still haven't ruled out buying a PA license, but I'm certainly not engaging in the doe permit fiasco the GC holds.Think I'll just take my does in WV from now on.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:35 PM

If you havent got your application back yet then you most likely will be getting a license. For rejected applications you get them back very soon after mailing in. For successful applications there is usually a several week turnaround time until you get the tag in the mail.

I sent in for 2G and so far i havent got a rejected app back so i should be getting my license. With only 19k available I should have played the lottery that day too
Old 08-16-2006, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys need to take any complaints to the county Treasurer.They're the ones who process and mail back the lisences.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:08 AM

Yeah, the county treasurer. Tried that and it went over like a lead balloon. They just gave me another number to call.

My biggest complaint was that the application wasn't returned, it was granted and returned to me with permits, but not until the second week of the season (8 weeks after I submitted it). It's not like I could shoot a doe then tell a Game Commission officer that my permit was "on the way."

Just think PAs system doesn't make any sense. Why not have the guys selling license just log into an online database and see if there are permits available, especially in places like 2A where they don't even sell out.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Turkeyhunter, I didn't send my 2F application in until 8/8 around 10 a.m. (one full day late). I've been monitoring the check via online banking, and it hasn't been cashed yet, but I haven't gotten the rejected application back yet, either. I think we're in the clear.

I saw that the PGC didn't list 2F as being "sold out" until late Friday, 8/11. I guess everything received before that time got accepted.

I totally hate this stupid mailing system. I don't deal in stamps anymore, so I never have any on hand. We have Pitney Bowe's postage machineat the office, and I pay all my bills online. I tried to send it on Sunday and Monday, but didn't have any stinking stamps at home or the office.

Quick Reply: Waiting for PA doe permit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.