Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 License problems in NY- NY Outdoor News. >

License problems in NY- NY Outdoor News.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

License problems in NY- NY Outdoor News.

Old 09-22-2005, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: License problems in NY- NY Outdoor News.

ORIGINAL: Phil__

Your point is noted.

However, all of this rambling can be distilled down to one inalienable truth...applying for a DMP in a zone where there is no chance of getting one is plain dumb. When I apply, I first do a little simple reading and come to a carefully conceived decision. Although I have sought councel of many a Wal-Mart guy, he will not guide me in that decision.
I suspect that the DEC will make software changes so that people can't blame the DEC for their own screw-ups.

-Phil
The "wal-mart" guy has been directed through the DEC with an official memo to look over WMU selections. O'Pezio, clearly stated they have no idea when this will be fixed, and that usually means "not next year" when you hear it on the state level.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:16 AM

[/quote]

The "wal-mart" guy has been directed through the DEC with an official memo to look over WMU selections. O'Pezio, clearly stated they have no idea when this will be fixed, and that usually means "not next year" when you hear it on the state level.
[/quote]

Once again I have grossly underestimated the Wal-Mart guy!

Here's a test question...please use a #2 pencil to fill in the correct circle.

1. A whitetail deer's tail is what color?
A) Green B) Yellow C) Lavender D) White

O A
O B
O C
O D
O E

For those of you that picked E, it wasn't a choice...your chance of getting it right was 0%. Yes, the E was a bit of a curveball, as are the bold letters "None" above the regions where there is no doe permits.

I do see your point Phade, it must suck to walk away with no DMP's because of an oversight. Alot of people in our fair state kicking themselves in the ars, I'm sure.
-Phil

Old 09-22-2005, 11:47 AM
Typical Buck

Phil,

We need comedy like yours, stick around for a while, and post on other topics, etc. Breaks up the monotony. We've got the fair share of smart people, mor*ns, new people, and we have always lacked the funny guy (well, charlie p. and yox are pretty good I must admit).

Imagine being a resident hunter of that zone where the non-resident guy got the DMP. Essentially, he took a tag from someone who would have got it (resident wise). I think that stinks a bit. The out of state guy feels bad for that happening cause he isn't hunting it. That's a tag gone down the drain in an already hard to get WMU.