Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Help....hunting in the Adirondacks, NY >

Help....hunting in the Adirondacks, NY

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Help....hunting in the Adirondacks, NY

Old 09-03-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Help....hunting in the Adirondacks, NY

Hey guys, I'm 19 and right now I should be in college at Loyola University, but it is located in New Orleans and it is closed for the year because of Hurricane Katrina. Since it is closed I will be attending a local college by my house on Long Island. When I am away at college the only oppurtunity I have to hunt is 2 days when I come home for Thanksgiving break, but since I will be home this year for the whole season andI have the oppurtunity and time to hunt alot more I want to take a trip up to the Adirondacks andtry to dosome blackbear and deer hunting. I have never hunted there before and I was wondering if anybody who does hunt there could point me in the right direction as to where to hunt. I don't expect you guys to give me your spots, but the adirondacks are huge and I have no idea where is good and where is not. I hunt with a Marlin 336 30-30., will that do good in the Adirondacks? Any tips and recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Help....hunting in the Adirondacks, NY

First thing I would do is get a map of the dacks (adirondacks) and depending how far you want to go into them check with the local DEC in wmu 5,H and 6,J That is where I go to bow hunt black bear, another good place is the state land up by Cranberry lake in St lawarence county you can call them and ask them to send you a map of the state land this is the number (315) 848-2315 I know a few good spots, I have been hunting up there for bear the past five years and got one all but 1 year,, Old forge is good also, if you want you can pm me and I will help you out.. good luck I hope this helps.