Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Hunting the adirondacks,NY,Placid,saranac lake? >

Hunting the adirondacks,NY,Placid,saranac lake?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Hunting the adirondacks,NY,Placid,saranac lake?

Old 01-29-2004, 03:21 PM

Default Hunting the adirondacks,NY,Placid,saranac lake?

Does anyone out there hunt lake placid,Saranac Lake,Keene Valley,Franklin Falls,area? Its an outdoorsman paradise for fishing and hunting,the northeastern best kept secret.Ive had tremendous success for the last 12 years,so much that im planning to move there in 05.Im so sick of loosing all of my hunting land down here in south jersey.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hunting the adirondacks,NY,Placid,saranac lake?

I would love to hunt up there. I went up snowmobiling a few times and went to Lake Placid on vacation once and thought it is the prettiest area in the East. Snowmobiled at Old Forge and some other small town up there.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:58 PM

I hunt in northern Franklin county (Chateaguay & Malone area) and northern Clinton county ( Mooers & Ellenburg area). Lots of places to hunt and lots of deer and other wildlife to see. Its a great area to hunt, fish, and do outdoors things. There are tons of lakes, rivers, and streams to fish in both summer and winter. Good luck with the move.

upstateny
Old 01-29-2004, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

MY UNCLE HAS 76 ACRES IN LEWIS COUNTY (LOWEVILLE) AND I TELL YOU IT IS VERY NICE THERE AND SEEN LOTS OF DEER BUT NO BUCK THE TIME I WENT. AND THERE NO DOE TAGS GIVEN FOR HIS AREA. STILL GO THERE WAITING FOR THAT BUCK TO COME AROUND
Old 01-29-2004, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just saw something about Placid so i couldnt resist. After seeing the movie, i dont think i want to go near it lol. Actuall i saw it before from 50,000 ft; I could tell it was a very nice place. Didnt get a chance to do much hunting or fishing but i would have love to.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:10 AM

[8D] My wife grew up in Saranac Lake. Talk about Gods Country!!! My son, Joe will be studying next fall at Syracuse so we will be doing some hunting in the Dacks in the coming years. We live in Rochester, NY. Some of his summer course work will involve detailed study of Cranberry Lake. I know he will be scouting for dad on his off time. We mostly bow hunt but get out with the cordite tubes a couple of weekends every season. If any members know of great areas for whitetails and black bear please feel free to e-mail myself anytime. We are always looking for safe, knowledgeable hunters to share our hunts with.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:35 AM

Beaglefreak or anyone else wanting to come here;

don't bother, all the deer were killed by some strange disease, and all the fish got sick of winter and swam south. The trees all fell down because of heavy snow. Hillary is going to move up here and live a open naked life style.

seriously this is some beautifull country but if you do move up here make sure it is what you want. NY has the highest taxes of ANY other state, the old forge area is one of the big tax getters. Also don't forget if you don't like winter then up here is not the place for you. If you do move up here there are alot of things to do, one of the best winter past times is snowmobiling.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:49 AM

[8D] Indeed model722! He better be ready for some brutal winters. Many days Saranac Lake is the coldest spot in the country. Often with -10 to -30 below zero before wind chill gets factored. Can't you see Billary in the North Country in Feb.? Unless there is a devastating ice storm or other natural disaster to photo op at she will NOT BE SEEN! Thank the Lord. She would frighten all the wildlife and the herds would never be the same.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:02 PM

Thanks for the advice guys.I visit Saranac Lake 8 to 9 times a year,its only 6hrs from my south jersey home.Winter carnival is in 2 wks and cant wait to go.Im very aware of the winters,I have been there in 28 below.I actually like it alot,it keeps all the flatlanders and BMW driven antihunting city a**holes away.One of my friends is a town cop,he said that you could shoot a cannon down the middle of Lake Flower Drive in the middle of feb. and hit absolutley nothing.Long winters but lots to do.Its still 70 degrees and balmy in Snuffys Pub.I have made quite a few close friends over the yrs,they cant wait til im there permanatly.got a few jobs lined up so thats no problem.And a 2 bdrm townhouse to stay in.No reason to stay in south Jersey anymore,theres not much left,sick of it.ADK all the way!
Old 01-30-2004, 12:17 PM

[8D] Go for it beaglefreak. Leave Jersey for good. Don't let the toll gates hit you on the arse while you're breaking out.

Quick Reply: Hunting the adirondacks,NY,Placid,saranac lake?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.