Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Miscellaneous
 Hunting Land - Southern Adirondacks >

Hunting Land - Southern Adirondacks

Community
Miscellaneous Still trying to get rid of that old couch or TV? Try selling it here.

Hunting Land - Southern Adirondacks

Old 11-11-2007, 08:42 PM

Default Hunting Land - Southern Adirondacks

Looking to start a new Hunting Club in the Southern Adirondacks on 300 acres close to Warrensburg, NY. Please send an e-mail to [email protected] for more information. Looking to keep the membership at/around 10, but would like to put together a packagefor a 10 year term.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:59 PM

Default RE: Hunting Land - Southern Adirondacks

what type of membership fee is required? What hunting is available on the land? New to the area and looking to find a place for long term not just a one or two year lease
Old 11-14-2007, 09:18 AM

Hawk02 -

$5,000 required upfront which guarantees unlimited access to the property for a 10 year term. Not sure how familiar you are with hunting in New York state, butas far as big game hunting, you can findwhitetail deer, turkey and black bearin the area. The property is in the Northern Zone which has the following seasons for 2007, as a reference:

Deer -

Regular:Oct. 20 - Dec. 2
Archery: Sep. 27 - Oct. 19
Muzzleloader: Oct. 13-19

Bear -

Early: Sep. 15.- Oct. 12
Regular: Oct. 20 - Dec. 2
Muzzleloader: Oct. 13-19
Archery: Sep. 27- Oct. 19

Turkey -

Fall: Oct. 1 - Oct. 19
Spring: May 1 - 31

We would probably look to initiate the Club in January 2008. Your comment regarding shorter term is exaclty why we're putting this together. We just got out of a lease that has increased considerably over the last 5 years and we're going to make sure that our costs arefixed going forward. We currently have 5 guys locked up and need to add 5 more. Please feel free to contact me with any other questions you might have.

Thanks,
Kevin

Old 11-14-2007, 12:00 PM

Forgot to mention that this parcel is also bordered by over 2,000 acres of state land on the Southern and Western boundaries, so plenty of land available.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you guys have access to a cabin or do you camp out? I personally think the price is on the high side for only 300 acres in the Adirondacks where there are thousands of lightly hunted acres of public land one could get hopelessly lost in. Plus the deer densities are way lower up there than other parts of the state.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:24 PM

There are currently 5 guys that have signed up and we've discussed either building a small cabin at minimal cost with a woodburning stove (we currently have one from our last property) and/or putting a travel trailer on the property. We camped out on our last piece and have no problem with "roughing it" though we should be able to have something much more comfortable up there. Agree there are plenty of pieces of public land, but for us it's worth it to pay $500/year each to have a place where we can put up stands and work on food plots. We feel it's a marginal cost to have this place for 10 years.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Agree there are plenty of pieces of public land, but for us it's worth it to pay $500/year each to have a place where we can put up stands and work on food plots.
Don't mean to be picking on you here, but you are the second person hunting in NYS in as many days on this forum to mention planting food plots on the land they hunt. As far as I understand the rules in NYS baiting is illegal. Wouldn't a food plot on 300 acres of land with 10 hunters hunting on it be considered baiting? I am no DEC officer or know of anyone personally who does this, but in my mind there would be a mighty fine line here on whether or not it's baiting or not! Maybe DEC officers are looking the other way on things like this, but I surely wouldn't like to be the one having to explain myself to them if I was called on it! Just a thought here, because I know for a fact that DEC officers are not always open minded on technicalities where they could nail you good on!
Old 11-14-2007, 02:18 PM

No problem and you're free to post your feelings on those matters. I have personally contacted the NYS DEC by phone on three separate occasions and talked about food plots with threedifferent reps. It is illegal to "bait" for deer in NYS, but it is not illegal to organically grow food plots. There's plenty of information online to support this.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/7197.html

If you look at exception #1....it referencees "Agricultural crops INCLUDING WILDLIFE FOOD PLOTS."

Old 11-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

So everyone that hunts near a cornfield is hunting with baiting. I don't see any problem with planting food plots, lots different then throwing out a pile of apples or such and sitting over it.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:39 PM

Agreed, Johnny - I think the page from the NYS DEC site pretty much spells it out.

Quick Reply: Hunting Land - Southern Adirondacks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.