Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Best week to hunt illinois >

Best week to hunt illinois

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Best week to hunt illinois

Old 10-26-2004, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best week to hunt illinois

My dad is a farmer. You can harvest it whenver you want. But when you take it to the elevator they want it to be under a certaind percentage of moisture. Otherwise they will have to dry it out before they can haul it out. If you take it in when it is too wet then you will be docked, meaning they will not give you the maximum price you could be getting had it been the correct moisture. We have had all our crops out since Oct 2. I would imagine alot of the farmers that still have crops in the field are having trouble getting them out becuase of all the rain we've been getting.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

yep, just what titleist_03 said. The reason most of the crops are still in, is all of the rain. Cant be gettin the combines stuck in the mud.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:56 AM

well, i dont htink this stinking indian summer helped any...we are usually at like 35-50 degrees now. were having these 70-75 degree days and it drves me nuts! i have a pair of coveralls for hunting and if this keeps up, ill come out 25 lbs lighter!

i dont think the rut should be too effected, though. because, like it was said ealier, once that cold hits (hopefully around the 5th-7th) those deer are gonna freak! im looking forward to a good rut this year.