Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Headed to Illinois This week! >

Headed to Illinois This week!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Headed to Illinois This week!

Old 10-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default Headed to Illinois This week!

Going for 5 days this trip to private farms! Any word on the activity, particularly in Southern Illinois around Johnson or Union counties!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Headed to Illinois This week!

I'll be out there Saturday evening, we have 3000 acres in west-central Illinois, weather next week as of now looks to be warm and chance of showers

I have two guys hunting our farms this week. They are seeing numerous deer everyday no matter where they are hunting on the farms. They both heard some bucks fighting & grunting a few days ago. So far between them both they have seen 4 shooters all out of range, lots of scrub bucks. I think next week the big boys will start moving more so, but looks like it will be warm, of course it will be cause I will be there
Old 10-28-2008, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Formula1, Let us know how you do. Im heading down to Saline Co. for the Shotgun opener. Never hunted down there before but I hear the land it perfect for the big bucks. Good Luck!
Old 10-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Typical Buck

I'll surely keep you posted on it.

This is my first trip up to my lease this year. 3of our guys hunted opening weekend for 3 days and saw an average of 46 deer from the stand, aboutone-third bucks. They did not see any huge bucks (many 110-200 class), but that is typical for early season. Anyway, they filled up their coolers with 4 does in those 3 days!

It's finally here and I think the buck activity will be better in Late October/early November. And since it is a lease, if I don't fill my tags, I can come back! I will definately be back for muzzloader hunting in December and maybe some more archery,too!

Leaving tomorrow! I hope I can sleep tonight!