Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 How About the Next Week in ILLINOIS? >

How About the Next Week in ILLINOIS?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

How About the Next Week in ILLINOIS?

Old 07-12-2008, 01:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default How About the Next Week in ILLINOIS?

I didn't want to hijack 1luckybuck's thread, so I figured I'd start this one. He'll be hunting Oct. 20-25. I'll be hunting Adams County from Oct. 25 through Nov. 1. I've read all the suggestions for his week, but will there be much difference in strategy for my week?
Old 07-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How About the Next Week in ILLINOIS?

IMO there is a huge change in this week. IF the weather is cool and I'm saying cool for this time of year is in the lower 50's I love this time or year. Halloween is one of my favorite days to be in a stand. I've seen some monsters on Halloween that I have never seen before and never saw again. The bucks are really working the scapes hard and really checking the cut corn fields right before dark for the first hot doe. I like to hunt the staging areas at this time. This is a good week with the next week coming up even better.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jmccoy_77

I didn't want to hijack 1luckybuck's thread, so I figured I'd start this one. He'll be hunting Oct. 20-25. I'll be hunting Adams County from Oct. 25 through Nov. 1. I've read all the suggestions for his week, but will there be much difference in strategy for my week?
YES!!!! The bigger bucks will be cruising throughout the day, so stay in stand as long as you can.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

agree the weather should be cool now, consistently, vs, possibly hot/cold, I love the last week of OCT, I'm a pre rut kinda guy though.

I'd be open to rattling, and grunt calls, not sure about the estrus bleat though just yet.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the great info!