Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Heading to Illinois next week........ >

Heading to Illinois next week........

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Heading to Illinois next week........

Old 10-29-2004, 05:39 AM

Default Heading to Illinois next week........

Hey guys I am heading to Illinois/Indiana next week on my anual7-10 day hunt trip....

Any RUT reports ? I am hunting in East Central area on the border of Indiana and Illinois (I actually hunt Indiana side and have Indiana tag)

Just curious whats going on in the woods. My hunt area has cut Soy beans this year - Im in a wooded farm land area...........

Heck Ill just post my home made arial map / toto - I ovelayed it all and did graphic trickery ti line it up/

Green areas are bedding area - little yellow squares are the stands I typically set upi (hang ons) Whie lines are deer trails, orange line is rough dirt road I have access from

Old 10-29-2004, 05:52 AM

Default RE: Heading to Illinois next week........

Hello eightwgt, looks like you have done your homework!!!! I hope all works out for you on your hunt! I`m from indiana not to far where your hunting at. The bucks are just starting to chase some does. I watched a nice 8 pointer chase one about 60 yards from me on sunday (evening). I`m able to get a doe already filled my buck tag. Give me a p.m. if you need more hunting land to hunt on!!! Take care and good luck.
Old 10-29-2004, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya it really looks like you've spent some time scouting and mapping there.

The weather here should be good for this weekend and next although it will be windy as all get out in between.

Bucks are still staying in and around standing corn if you have any around you. Seeing some good rubs and scrapes pop up from last week.
The next 3 weeks should be great here!!!

Good Luck eightwgt
Old 10-29-2004, 06:10 AM

All the fields in the picture had beans this year - and all corn in area has been picked....... so thats good I wont have to worry about the corn holding all the does so I should see plenty I hope. I have gttten an 8 point last three years from the 3 stands marked.....

and I have seen huge bucks (160+) just never a shot - this year Ill be stalkin them if I see them - going to get aggressive last few days if needed
Old 10-29-2004, 06:14 AM

Wow eightwgt, you sure have got us all covered up here, i hope the trip is productive. Last i heard we were in pre-rut and the buckeroos were just starting to get rascally.
Good luck and great shooting.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Goodluck eightwgt! I hope you neal a good one!
Old 10-30-2004, 06:06 AM

Thanks guys........ I have hunted it three years now. I harvested the deer where the yellow squares are. When I was scouting I jumped a 170-180 class whitetail at the field point where the trail jumps over to the 'finger' in the field.... I wanted to cry. I then killed an 8 point buck in the middle stand 2 hours later - the first day I ever hunted the land - it was the peak of the rut and the field had standing corn that year. That deer was the largest by far I have ever seen up close and maybe ever (alive)

Its a beautiful spot and I am bringing a cam-corder this year to film deer and my hunt......
Old 10-30-2004, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck and keep us posted on how you do!!