Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wisconsin Buck Activity >

Wisconsin Buck Activity

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin Buck Activity

Old 11-05-2004, 08:04 AM
Spike

Default RE: Wisconsin Buck Activity

The boy's are chasing the girl's around the playground...get out and sit all day.
I was driving to my Uncle's in Trempauleau Co. and saw a doe in the middle of the road panting to beat the band, I stopped the car and a nice 2 yr old ten point came busting out of the corn field after her, she took off and he looked at me for a second or two and busted off after the doe. I would love to meet him in the woods next year, but chances are slim, he was about 4 or so mi. from my uncles farm.

I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!
Old 11-07-2004, 05:34 PM

Hey Everyone,
I was out bowhunting the past 4 days and am convinced the near-peak of the rut is here.
On saturday, I had a buck grunting and chasing does in a thick swamp near my stand. When he finally came in, he stayed behind me too much to get a shot. About three hours later at 12:45 had another buck come in, but he too stayed behind me in a thicket and I couldn't get a shot. The second buck actually made a rub about 20 yards behind me in that thicket....thats right, at 12:45 in the afternoon!! I think this next week, anyone who can, should get out and hunt as much as possible. What are you all seeing out there? Thanks.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:02 PM

The rut is definately on here