Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wisconsin Buck Activity >

Wisconsin Buck Activity

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin Buck Activity

Old 10-26-2004, 12:35 PM

Default RE: Wisconsin Buck Activity

I was out scouting in St. Croix county last sunday and found many scrapes some were awfully big maybe a community scrape? also seen a very big bodied six pointer.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

Here is the formula: cloudy night last night + full moon tomorrow + most of the corn got cut yesterday + friend saw 180 class 10 point crossing onto my hunting area 4 pm yesterday + that stupid T-zone hunt starts tomorrow = Good luck finding me at work this afternoon. Any questions?
Old 10-27-2004, 06:39 PM

The big boys are on the move in Central Wisconsin. Around my hometown two guys I know scored on very nice whitetails earlier this week. One a 12 point and the other a 13 point. I'd say the rut is within a week. I'll post pictures of the 8 pointer I got Friday the 22nd. It's not a huge whitetail but it's very respectful for my first buck ever with any weapon, I'm proud of it. I should be getting the pictures back sometime early next week. I would like to wish everyone good luck but since T-zone starts tomorrow that's kind of a waste of time. Does anything think there is a way we can get the DNR to move the T-Zone season up a week or two, there has to be something us archers can do. It seems to always take one of the best weekends of hunting away from us bowhunters.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:53 PM

This is the first time in 6 years that a Tzone has opened in my area so in my opinion at least for my area is you have had six years of one of the best weekends now its our turn the gun hunters and particularly the Disabled finally get a chance to maybe bust a buck while everyone else can only shoot does. I think it is great that a Tzone finally got here and yes I am disabled , I have never been able to harvest a decent buck but now my chances are alot better. at least for 4 days. This was not meant to p anyone off or get any one upset just my 2 cents.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

Went out last night as planned. One buck sighted and he was almost big enough to get it. About a 120 class 8 pt showed up at 4 pm. Swollen neck , black tarsal glands and really sniffing around. Had him broadside at 30 yds and then he walked right under the stand so I got a really good look. I let him walk but next year he better not make the same mistake or my tag will be on his rack. Still just a few rubs and scrapes and nothing too serious. Next week will be good.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:08 AM

1dahunter,
I'd like to apologize for my post and thank you for informing me that disabled hunters and resident armed forces members are able to hunt the Wisconsin t-zone hunts for antlered whitetails. It was my misunderstanding that the t-zone hunts were stictly anterless to everyone and I just through it was unfortunate that no one was able to use this time of the year to harvest a large buck. I agree with you that bowhunters have plenty of time to harvest their animals, so I'd just like to clear that up. Thanks, and good luck this weekend.
Old 10-29-2004, 03:53 PM

Hello All,
I have been getting some reports from buddies of mine who have been out stomping
around looking for buck sign. These guys hunt in the Wisconsin Rapids area and they are telling me that scrapes are being freshened a little more frequently and rub lines are becoming more obvious. It sounds like the boys are getting a bit restless and it seems like the rut is only a week away. I think at least in central Wisconsin, the end of this coming week will be rock'n! (Nov. 3-7?)Is this what everyone else is observing? I'd normally be out this weekend, but my area is in a t-zone. What do you do?.....Hunt hard after the t-zone and pray that you get an opportunity I guess. Thanks.
Old 10-30-2004, 02:00 AM

New Member here from northern WI. Activity has been going good and a lot of buck movement in the woods. T-Zone is just about over, so some bigger bucks should be harvested in the next couple of weeks. Here is the buck I harvested this year. Main frame 8, 18 3/4 inch, that rough green scored at 137.

[link]http://www.afreeimagehost.com/upload/3111/Deer04(1).jpg[/link]

[link]http://www.afreeimagehost.com/upload/3111/Deer04.jpg[/link]
Old 11-01-2004, 10:58 AM

Hey polywog no apology necessary and thanks so much for understanding
I finally got my first buck a small racked big bodied 8 pointer and I am so proud to of finally gotten a buck. If I would of just waited one more day I could of gotten a very big 14 pointer but in my haste of well Im still very happy. Good luck to you all!!!!
Old 11-04-2004, 03:56 PM

Here is my first buck I've ever shot. It's a young 8, I was thinking about passing up on it but I figured it's a good deer for my first buck ever with any weapon. It's my third deer this season with a bow, took two does earlier in the season. Sorry for the poor photo quality.

Quick Reply: Wisconsin Buck Activity

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.